I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

paging TyMarp

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

paging TyMarp

Post by mdubya »

Tim-

Do you have any info on the Kitzmiller riding area? Name of the place? Address? Phone #? Website?

What is it gonna take to get Seth's 250 ready for Saturday? Do you want to ride my DRZ (with dirt wheels)?

Thanks.

:rickey: :rickey:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Re: paging TyMarp

Post by TyMarp »

The riding area is a combination hunting/riding area. The hunting club is called Wolf Den. Most locals just refer to the area as North Hill. That is the road that runs along the northern border of the property.
The person to talk to/pay about riding is Doug Brady. His adress is 1280 Shallmar Rd. His phone number is 301-453-3369. There is no website to my knowledge. Main St Kitamiller turns into Shallmar Rd. Doug is on the property a lot. And this year is enforcing the no trespassing signs posted. He gathers rock off the property. He's there somewhere almost every day.

The riding area is somewhere around 3500 acres. It was deep mined for coal years ago. Then surfaced mined again later. The upper portion has a small MX track on it. There are endless trails all over the property. Trails easy to very difficult. Nothing is marked. There are many rocky sections. There is a small hill climb at the bottom. There are a few more in the middle, which is refered to as Slick Rock. Slick Rock has claimed is name millions of times. Be careful there. There is a big hill climb at the top by the fields. It is hard to find if you are not looking for it. There is one main dirt road that connects the lower section to the upper. There are trails that follow along the river. There are also two swimming holes. They're usually full of trout also. North Hill is very similar the the Wisp race terrian. The KTM team came to North Hill to prepare for the Wisp races before they were done away with.

Seths bike is still disassembled. He needs a radiator. Dad is not paying for it. So it won't be together by Sat. I'd love to go and show everyone around. If the DRZ is available, I'll take you up on the offer.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

You can def. ride the DRZ. I don't know if we are going to be weather contingent or not. I personally am not real excited about riding in a sloppy mess.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:You can def. ride the DRZ. I don't know if we are going to be weather contingent or not. I personally am not real excited about riding in a sloppy mess.
My work schdule is gone crazy - plus with the weather and lack of a MyTarp guided tour, I think we should postpone.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Kyler wrote:
mdubya wrote:You can def. ride the DRZ. I don't know if we are going to be weather contingent or not. I personally am not real excited about riding in a sloppy mess.
My work schdule is gone crazy - plus with the weather and lack of a MyTarp guided tour, I think we should postpone.
That works for me.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Post by TyMarp »

North Hill has areas that stay damp year round. Add just a little precip and it usually turns into a mudfest.