I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Supermoto at BeaveRun, 5/26

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Supermoto at BeaveRun, 5/26

Post by mdubya »

Supermoto Practice at the former BeaveRun this Saturday May 26th, 2pm to 8pm.

If you want to race, they will be racing on Sunday 5/27.

restukey, dpasseto, and I will be there for practice on Saturday.

:roost: :roost: :roost: :roost: :roost:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Re: Supermoto at BeaveRun, 5/26

Post by bonehead »

hey Mdubya:
hope all has been going well out in WMD. What kinda gesar is needed for this? My boy is out in Ohio at PSi institute and we are looking for some riding between hear and there to me and do.

Bonehead
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

bonehead wrote:hey Mdubya:
hope all has been going well out in WMD. What kinda gesar is needed for this? My boy is out in Ohio at PSi institute and we are looking for some riding between hear and there to me and do.

Bonehead
MX gear with hard armor underneath is acceptable. I would recommend the most protective gear you have, though.

I wear a pair of heavy Vanson leather pants with hard armor and a textile Vanson jacket with hard armor and back protector. I wear road racing gloves, too. MX gloves don't offer any protection on asphalt.

They are very lax about stuff though, so you can get away with what ever you are comfortable in.

I have lighter weight gear I could wear, but I am hitting top speeds of about 80 MPH and 55-60 through the apexes of the faster corners; not triple digit speeds, but fast enough.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

When I've done supermoto, I wore my full race leathers though most other people weren't. But I also already had that gear and it was otherwise sitting in my garage doing nothing. If you're going to slide on pavement, nothing beats animal hide. It helps that my race leathers are perforated since the speeds are lower than roadracing.

Like mdubya said, the one thing I definitely would not skimp on would be race leather gloves. Dirt gloves would shred instantly on pavement.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Thanks everyone
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!