I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Blue Ridge Trail

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Blue Ridge Trail

Post by Skinny-J »

The BRT is a route that runs from Front Royal, Virginia all the way to North Carolina. The route is made up of small back country roads, dirt roads, forest roads, two tracks and maybe even the occasional bit of single track, who knows. The route was put together by a guy on ADV and you can read about it and see some pics here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701249

A few of us plan to take a week and run this route from 7/21 to 7/28. We will take 4 or 5 days to reach NC and then a couple of days to run up the BRP and home. If anyone would like to join us, for all or even just some of this adventure; the more the merrier…
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Blue Ridge Trail

Post by Bucho »

I've pretty much wore out my calender for multi-day trips for a while. But I'm interested and would love to hear your ride report and opinion on it. Sounds like something I'd like to do inthe future.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Gene-TW200
DAMN Expert

Post by Gene-TW200 »

Skinny-J if possible I would maybe like to ride the first part of the BRT with you from Front Royal , is there a easy sport say 30-50 miles from the start where I could make a run back to the main road to head back to MD ?
Tw-200
Honda Ft-500
ST-1300
DR-650
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Gene-TW200 wrote:Skinny-J if possible I would maybe like to ride the first part of the BRT with you from Front Royal , is there a easy sport say 30-50 miles from the start where I could make a run back to the main road to head back to MD ?
Hi Gene,

You are welcome to join us for what ever portion you can. At the end of Day 1 we hope to end up in Franklin, WV. Shoot me your e-mail and I will send you our route files and let's see what we can figure out...

J
Gene-TW200
DAMN Expert

Post by Gene-TW200 »

I think I might be able to ride to Franklin then ride 3 hours home, depending on what time you come thru Point of Rocks ?
Tw-200
Honda Ft-500
ST-1300
DR-650
Gene-TW200
DAMN Expert

Post by Gene-TW200 »

Ok count me in for the first day ! just need a time to meet up , anyone else interested in just riding on saturday ?
Tw-200
Honda Ft-500
ST-1300
DR-650
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Wow. That looks like a great trip. I am lucky to get out for one day right now, much less a week. Enjoy it for me!

:ride:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

mdubya wrote:Wow. That looks like a great trip. I am lucky to get out for one day right now, much less a week. Enjoy it for me!
All you youngsters keep letting those nasty JOB thingies get in the way of FUN :harhar:

We'll think about you next week while on the BRT :rickey:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

BigBird wrote:
mdubya wrote:Wow. That looks like a great trip. I am lucky to get out for one day right now, much less a week. Enjoy it for me!
All you youngsters keep letting those nasty JOB thingies get in the way of FUN :harhar:

It is true. But I do feel lucky to have a J-O-B these days.

:thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

BigBird wrote:

If I could catch you I would give you a piece of my mind old man :lol2:
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!