I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Antietam Memorial Hare Scramble May 27th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Antietam Memorial Hare Scramble May 27th

Post by RadioRyder »

This looks pretty interesting. It's an open unsanctioned event, no memberships needed, show up and race for fun! (no one is racing for points)

I've only heard about this place, apparently it was a very popular motocross track back in the day. I'm seriously considering this mainly to support more rides in Maryland. All of the ECEA HS races are out of state and maybe this would grow into something more. It's not a long track, so anyone who has never done a HS may consider this as a first run to see if they like it. :rickey:

Here is the flyer:
http://mamamx.tracksideresults.com/foru ... p?TID=6023
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Antietam Memorial Hare Scramble May 27th

Post by Boom Boom »

Back when D-7 was active in trials they hosted a couple events at that location. Some nice woods and big rock ledges from what I remember.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Wow, it's an hour from my house!?

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

Boom Boom wrote:Back when D-7 was active in trials they hosted a couple events at that location. Some nice woods and big rock ledges from what I remember.
I rode that Motocross track in 78 and it had large rock outcroppings in the track. This sounds like a good event, I am going to try and make it. ( Hope I have my new WR 125 by than!)
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
joedirt
DAMN Wanabe

Post by joedirt »

This is the original Antietam Mx where they always had the hangover HS? I thought the reason it it closed was because it was developed. I wish the date was different.
Justin Fisher

Post by Justin Fisher »

How did the event turn out? I raced RORR Enduro instead
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

I think MCR did a great job with the event. Pretty good turn out, maybe 150 bikes if I had to guess. Trail was just like I remembered, but was very slick for the first couple of laps. Rocks stayed slick all day. Overall, I had a blast, and hope that MCR can continue. They will need assistance to keep this going. I will post the flyer that they handed out that explains how to help.
Member R&T Club, and GMER