I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Spring 08 Laurel Fork Wilderness Campout

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Spring 08 Laurel Fork Wilderness Campout

Post by Rut Row »

Are there any DAMN riders doing the Spring 08 Laurel Fork Wilderness Campout - May 2-4? It is the weekend after the "2nd Annual - DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion@Greenridge ORV".
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
RRob
DAMN Expert

Re: Spring 08 Laurel Fork Wilderness Campout

Post by RRob »

I'm about 50/50 as to whether I'm going or not. I already took the days off of work but the Apple Blossum Festival is the same weekend and it all depends on what my family's plans are that weekend.

If I go, you're welcome to ride or trailer to my place and ride out with me. I know some really good ways to get there that will keep us on the dirt roads most of the way there.

I went last fall. It's a really cool campout. I think you'll really enjoy riding with the GS and V-Strom crowd.
Rob

XR650L
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:I'm about 50/50 as to whether I'm going or not. I already took the days off of work but the Apple Blossom Festival is the same weekend and it all depends on what my family's plans are that weekend.

If I go, you're welcome to ride or trailer to my place and ride out with me. I know some really good ways to get there that will keep us on the dirt roads most of the way there.

I went last fall. It's a really cool campout.
I'm leaning towards going. Not sure if I can get Friday off yet but have a kitchen pass just in case!
RRob wrote:I think you'll really enjoy riding with the GS and V-Strom crowd.
As opposed to the MX/Motard riders? :ride: :lol2: :ride:

Maybe I'll spend less time picking my bike up :poser:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:As opposed to the MX/Motard riders? :ride: :lol2: :ride:
What I meant is those guys put on a killer "big bike" ride. "Cliffhanger" is a Tucker county local and knows all the secret little dirt roads out there. Also those GS/V-Strom folks have moto camping down to a science. It's amazing how civilized they can be living out of their saddlebags. You should see 'em around camp: fresh and clean, hair neatly combed, sitting on their folding stools as they sip lattes... :lol2:
Rob

XR650L
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

RRob wrote:
DAMNKLRRider wrote:As opposed to the MX/Motard riders? :ride: :lol2: :ride:
You should see 'em around camp: fresh and clean, hair neatly combed, sitting on their folding stools as they sip lattes... :lol2:
Sheee...I rarely pull that off at home. Well, except for the latte part.... :cheers:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Yeah, Mike needs a portable capacino machine to strap to the back of the DRZ for campouts.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Yeah, Mike needs a portable capacino machine to strap to the back of the DRZ for campouts.
Lattes? Capacino? Coffee should only be served one way. Hot and black! Sugar and cream are for wimps! :nono:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I can serve hot, black, straight espresso, if you can stand it. :deal: And, BTW, my espresso maker is portable, but it does need a power outlet. I would bet most of the SM guys in the videos I have posted are over caffienated on too many sissy espressos. :bandit:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

I have off on Fridays... Hmmmmmmm....

What's the riding like - I see a few bigger bikes - GS and whatknot... Might be interested if the 990 would handle it - but I don't ride like Louge...
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

hondahawkrider wrote:I have off on Fridays... Hmmmmmmm....

What's the riding like - I see a few bigger bikes - GS and whatknot... Might be interested if the 990 would handle it - but I don't ride like Louge...
The riding is great! Of course, it is hard to have a bad ride out there. The main ride is a big bike friendly dirt road ride but there are also rides for the smaller bikes too.
Rob

XR650L