I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN reunion 2012

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

DAMN reunion 2012

Post by Grady »

This years reunion will be held May 18-20th @ MountainRidge.
I spoke to them today, and these dates are good with them. They plan to be open the first weekend of May, so this will not be as private as last years. However, they said they'd reserve us enough camping in the lower field where most of us stayed last year. Now if we can get an acurate head count, then I can see what kind of deal/ discount we can get. If you plan on paying their regular rate you'll be safe, but I'm trying to work a discount. Normally they are only open weekends @ this time of year, but if enough people are willing to come Friday too, they will open for us on Friday (likely have the whole park to ourselves). If possible even alow a late Thursday arival (no riding) but would allow for a full day Friday.

If you plan to attend, chime in with your name and how many will be with you, along with what day you plan to arive. Also, if you plan to bring food or drinks, mention that too and I'll add you to the list. Obviously, the more people we have, the better our chances of a larger discount. Usually they offer a discount to groups who pay all together, so we may work out a pre-registration for the best rate for those who are a definite.

Reunion Riders:
Grady + The Duchess - Thurs night or Fri Morning - wings and beer
DG + Mrs DG and Jr- Friday
Skinny-J: Friday noon time
Kyler: Friday morning unless the weather is nice, then Thur night - maybe; beer, brawts and buns (contingent on the bride recovering well)
Daves08excr and daughter - hot dogs,rolls, small camp stove. Water,soda. posibly eggs.
mdubya - Friday if open
Phoo + wife, and two young kids - Friday night
Bucho - Friday
Wingfixer + Godzilla - Thursday night, maybe, Friday morning burgers, dogs, brownies and whatever else dirtygirl decides to make.
dirtydirl - maybe for Friday, for sure Saturday and Sunday - (Taking requests for food)
Loosescrew + Daughter - firewood
Junior - Friday
PAtrailrider + 2 grandsons - Friday
Taylor - Friday

Total so far = 20 including children and SO's
Friday count (those that have said) = 14
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: DAMN reunion 2012

Post by Rut Row »

:rayof: works for me! :loveit:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Reunion Riders:
Grady- Thurs night or Fri Morning - wings and beer
DG and Jr- Thurs night or early Fri-??
Bruce
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Reunion Riders:
Grady- Thurs night or Fri Morning - wings and beer
DG and Jr- Thurs night or early Fri-??
Skinny-J: Friday noon time
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Reunion Riders:
Kyler: Friday morning unless the weather is nice, then Thur night - maybe; beer, brawts and buns

this is contingent on the bride recovering well.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Myself and my daughter Taylor will be there.
Food: hot dogs,rolls, small camp stove.Water,soda.
posibly eggs.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Would this trip be conducive to bringing the family? Are there things for the kids and wife to do while I disappear into the woods for a while (how big are the loops?) ? Is there a flat area for the kids to ride the minibike and places suitable for the wife to try riding a dirt bike if she so desires?

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

phoo wrote:Would this trip be conducive to bringing the family? Are there things for the kids and wife to do while I disappear into the woods for a while (how big are the loops?) ? Is there a flat area for the kids to ride the minibike and places suitable for the wife to try riding a dirt bike if she so desires?

Thanks,

~Patrick
Huge open grass area for beginners to ride.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I would be quite happy to ride on Friday if it is available to us.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

phoo wrote:Would this trip be conducive to bringing the family? Are there things for the kids and wife to do while I disappear into the woods for a while (how big are the loops?) ? Is there a flat area for the kids to ride the minibike and places suitable for the wife to try riding a dirt bike if she so desires?

Thanks,

~Patrick
Yes, absolutely. Loops generally take around an hour or so, if you're only doing one trail. You can link together trails and go as long as you want. Campground is somewhat centered and in a nice area.
Bruce