I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

GreenRidge Dual Sport/Adventure Ride May 6th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
zamobro9
DAMN Expert

Re: GreenRidge Dual Sport/Adventure Ride May 6th

Post by zamobro9 »

it just means 4x4 is advised, not necessary, i've driven a 2wd pick up on those roads
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Cool. Thanks. I wasn't trying to promote hooliganisms in the open; I was just trying to find out if it was "4x4 recommended" or "non-4x4 prohibited."

Can someone share the GPS logs with me, please? A 100+ mile easy ride is just the ticket for what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
thisguy

Post by thisguy »

PM me you address if nobody else sends you the file. I have not downloaded it yet. I will send it to ya.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

phoo wrote:Cool. Thanks. I wasn't trying to promote hooliganisms in the open; I was just trying to find out if it was "4x4 recommended" or "non-4x4 prohibited."

Can someone share the GPS logs with me, please? A 100+ mile easy ride is just the ticket for what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

~Patrick
Gotcha, sorry, I have a paranoia about greenies :thumbup:
Bruce
Expat2b

Post by Expat2b »

RadioRyder wrote:It is all public roads, although I believe 2 of the really fun ones were marked 4x4 only. Twig Rd and one I can't remember. I have never ridden any of the public roads out there, only the loop so it was all new to me. I believe Bill's plan is to use less pavement and get permission to add some single track next year. I don't know if that means State property or private land.
This was my first Dual Sport event also, and it kicked my butt. I'm still sore :boohoo:
Twig and Piclick Roads were the hardest, but for trials and/or MX riders I'm sure it was too easy. I think most of the really good riders just challenged themselves by going really fast.

Good time and great bunch of people. Here are some photos from the ride, these make the route look pretty tame. Was too busy trying to stay vertical to get pics of the hard stuff.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 011c6dd343
Forgot my GoPro this trip but will definitely take it next time. All roads were county roads, no single track riding. I may go back and ride the route again just for some practice, but half the fun was meeting and riding with the others.

Many thanks to Bill Menges and crew for putting on a great event.
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Post by RadioRyder »

Hey Kathy, those are some good pics. I remember your sheepskin seat cover. The DRZ's definitely need them! Kirk was playin with me all day passing me...droppin back...passing me. He is such a crazy-man! I heard you all had lots of fun day 2!

If you didn't bring your gps, I have the route saved.

Nice riding with you! :roost:
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Expat2b - you liked this then you are going to LOVE the Shenandoah 500! :loveit:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Expat2b wrote:
RadioRyder wrote:It is all public roads, although I believe 2 of the really fun ones were marked 4x4 only. Twig Rd and one I can't remember. I have never ridden any of the public roads out there, only the loop so it was all new to me. I believe Bill's plan is to use less pavement and get permission to add some single track next year. I don't know if that means State property or private land.
This was my first Dual Sport event also, and it kicked my butt. I'm still sore :boohoo:
Twig and Piclick Roads were the hardest, but for trials and/or MX riders I'm sure it was too easy. I think most of the really good riders just challenged themselves by going really fast.

Good time and great bunch of people. Here are some photos from the ride, these make the route look pretty tame. Was too busy trying to stay vertical to get pics of the hard stuff.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 011c6dd343
Forgot my GoPro this trip but will definitely take it next time. All roads were county roads, no single track riding. I may go back and ride the route again just for some practice, but half the fun was meeting and riding with the others.

Many thanks to Bill Menges and crew for putting on a great event.
Thanks for sharing the photos! :ride:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Expat2b

Post by Expat2b »

Re: that sheepskin seat cover...it's not white any more! LOL

Monday was a hoot and I think I rode much faster. So glad I stayed over.
Kyler wrote:Expat2b - you liked this then you are going to LOVE the Shenandoah 500! :loveit:
Would love to go this year...was planning to sign up, but heard it's sold out already. If anyone has a hookup, please send me a PM...I would be glad even to volunteer/work just to be there and maybe ride a little. I have some decent camera equipment, might they need a photographer out on the trail? :brows:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Expat2b wrote:Would love to go this year...was planning to sign up, but heard it's sold out already. If anyone has a hookup, please send me a PM...I would be glad even to volunteer/work just to be there and maybe ride a little. I have some decent camera equipment, might they need a photographer out on the trail? :brows:
Nope, not true :nono:
Pre-registration for the 2012 AMA Husqvarna Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport will open up via ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY in mid August.
But, it WILL fill up fast!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris