I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

GMER Enduro is on the books with AMA 12 Aug 2012

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

GMER Enduro is on the books with AMA 12 Aug 2012

Post by Firebolter »

The 2012 GMER Enduro will be held 12 August 2012 and will start from/finish at Rocket Raceway in Western Pa. Rocket is a section in the course, but after that, IT IS ALL NEW FRESH CUT SINGLE TRACK with the exception of the road sections to get you between the trails. I have helped cut this and have ridden alot of it and I can say firsthand, it is awesome. :knary: This is not clapped out ATV trails, these are truly new and fresh cut over the last 6 months by the GMER club. If you have ridden Rocket, then you know how to get there. Some of this new trail is in some of the prettiest forest I have been in. Views are killer in some sections.

Obviously we could not do an event like this without some really friendly, motorcycle loving, good people known as the Land Onwers! They have let us have access to their property and do not take a fee for us using it! How awesome is that?

This is the same day as the Michaux DS and I understand alot of you would prefer that type of ride, I love Michaux DS too! So if you would rather ride a traditional Enduro, on awesome new trail NO ONE out side of the trail makers have ridden, then put this on your calendar.

Hopefully we'll see some you DAMN guys there! :whoop:
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: GMER Enduro is on the books with AMA 12 Aug 2012

Post by Bucho »

I had a great time at Michaux in 2011, but for 2012 I think I'll give this enduro a go.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

You'll dig it. I love Enduro's, well Traditional TImekeeping Enduro's that is and that is what this event is, not the "HareScrambles with Check" Format the Nationals went to.
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

You got me just in time. I'd already filled out but not sent my app for Michaux DS. I'll do this, instead. Sounds awesome!

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

phoo wrote:You got me just in time. I'd already filled out but not sent my app for Michaux DS. I'll do this, instead. Sounds awesome!

~Patrick
Nice phoo, maybe we can start on the same minute. Being my first enduro (unless I do one before then), I'm not gonna bother keeping time. Just going to ride at pace I can keep and try not to hour out.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

My first dirt event ever was the sandy lane enduro. Despite stopping at a store for a drink and a snack during the race (seriously), I still didn't hour out. They usually have plenty of resets to catch the slow people up. You'll be fine.

Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Well, on this one, there aren't stores and stuff as this area we use gets no closer than 5-10 miles to Hustontown, So make sure you have a camel back and a energy bar!

The trail is nice single track and we cut it where you can carry a fast pace. There are a "few" places that will be fun, MOMENTUM is the key word! Hill climbs and a only a few places where the trees are "tight", I mean you can go straight through just close and they are smaller pines so if you hit em, not bad. Almost all of the trail sections are 5 miles or greater in length, then a small/short road section as a connector to the next section, so yeah, when you pop out of the woods check your mileage and haul ass! But don't get ahead of schedule too much! we will have anywhere from 7-12 sections, so plenty of trail. Can't tell you too many details!

Start and stop at Rocket and where lunch is, there is plenty of room for support teams to be there waiting. I am working section 1 and sweepers, so if you see me on the course, you should be bummed! :wallbash:
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Is there going to be a gas and lunch stop in the middle?

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

phoo wrote:Is there going to be a gas and lunch stop in the middle?
I think I saw elsewhere that they were having a masseuse at the gass stop too :jack:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

That would be awesome! :eats:

I ask because my first enduro last year was a major learning event. It was then that I learned that (oh, and Bucho pay attention) you *need* a hydration pack, bring granola bars with you to munch on during a reset, and strap a sandwich and a gallon of water to your gas can so you can get some real food in you and refill your hydration pack during the lunch stop. An enduro is a lot of hard work, and I was totally inexperienced and didn't know any of this.

During the event, I got completely dehydrated and loopy. Water bottles strapped onto the tail are not the same as a hydration pack and I ran out of water completely before the end and had to beg water from one of the control riders who refilled one of the bottles from his pack. But it was an incredible experience and I can't wait to give it another go.

Sandy Lane is coming up in the not too distant future. I wish I could be there, but I will be traveling. I recommend it if anyone wants to give the format a try. The hardest part is navigating the many whoop fields if you're at the back of the pack. But I'll tell you what -- you get good at riding whoops! :whoop:

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200