I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

GMER Enduro is on the books with AMA 12 Aug 2012

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: GMER Enduro is on the books with AMA 12 Aug 2012

Post by Firebolter »

phoo wrote:The thing about timekeeping that I find the hardest is determining where the potential emergency time gates are. I realize it's just math to find them, but without a full computer program I don't get it. I lucked out the one time I did an enduro because one of the people on my line was very experienced so I just followed him all day. Well, until I couldn't keep up. Then I didn't have to worry about getting to a gate too early. ;)

Hm... Actually, yes. There's the question I still have. Since the roll chart only has mileage, and there are resets, I have no idea how to determine when you're supposed to leave the reset.

~Patrick

yeah, in the old days before computers (I run an ICO Checkmate now) you would sit down and do the math of where the possibles were, what the free zones were etc. and we would use color markers to make marks so we would know. With a computer, it figures all that out for you and you just ride it and follow it's recommendations.

Your second question, there is more than onekind of roll chart. I always get the one with time/mileage of the possibles, I believe it is the #11 Jart chart or make my own. See bottom of this post.

when you get to a reset, lets say it is a reset to 50.0 and you are at 54.7 at the reset point and it is 1230, once you reset to 50.0, you roll up to that line on your chart and it will say 50.0 1235, in that case you would be ahead by 5 minutes and you could sit there and wait for 5 min and be on sched, or take a chance and ride on to try and stay ahead but risk hitting a check early, assuming a check could be in that area legally. If the time was 1225 you would be 5 min behind and you would haul ass.

Almost all resets are used to get folks back on schedule or keep folks from houring out. The average rider should always be dropping some points and that is what resets really are for, keeping the playing ground equal.

That's is why I DO NOT like National Format, there is no penalty for being early and that makes it that much better for the faster guys. Enduro's were never designed to be about who was necessarily the fastest, it was who was fast and can stay on a specific speed schedule.

anyway, try to keep time best you can, but mostly, just ride and enjoy this event. Fresh new trail is good stuff!

Good Enduro info here
http://www.ama-d36.org/Enduro/faq.html

You can download this program and make your own chart as well. I have been doing this last few years. You'll get a piece of paper form the enduro club with the information you need to make your own chart. I have some I could send you as an example from old races at home if you wanted to try and make your own chart.
http://www.rorr.org/Subsite/Enduro..Fir ... -Setup.exe

Here's a good link to a file that explains all the basics
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... T_6gQyMwvQ
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I think I still have the roll chart from Sandy Lane last year. They charged an extra $10 or something for the JART chart over the regular, mileage-only chart so I skipped it. I'll check out those links.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
joedirt
DAMN Wanabe

Post by joedirt »

Is this gonna be closed course or will we need lights and tag?
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

joedirt wrote:Is this gonna be closed course or will we need lights and tag?
You will need lights and tag. We have to use some public roads for connectors to the away sections.
Lots of cool bikes---
joedirt
DAMN Wanabe

Post by joedirt »

You can't get the parade permit like the other PA enduros?
Denny
DAMN Expert

Post by Denny »

It is a slow and long process to aquire a road permit from PennDOT. Now that you are a Pa. Club contact PaOHV and they will help you with the process next year. SPER started the process in January and it is not complete yet. Sandy Quickel from SPER can also give you information or one of the SORR guys could help.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Well said Denny. :thumbup:
I was floored with all the B.S. you must go through to host an organized event.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

That is why almost all events that are not on 100% on private property make it so you have to be registered, all of the hoops to get that kind of permit, not to mention the liability factor. Sorry guys, but this event will require you to have registration.
Lots of cool bikes---
Justin Fisher

Post by Justin Fisher »

Its coming up fast! I just wish I didn't have to marshal and could race the event!
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Has a sign-up sheet been released, yet? I keep forgetting that I'm doing this and start to fill out the flyer for the Michaux DS. ;)

Who is still planning on running this? Bucho, you still up for it?

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200