I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mountain Ridge

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Mountain Ridge

Post by Rut Row »

email sent
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

We got the cost to under $1/mile for the day. :whoop:

It is a good thing the bolt came out of the spare tank or the savings would have been offset by pain medication and long term medical rehab. Oh my aching bones. Wild Bill was a killer! :foul:

And that was a blue - or it started out as a blue, well... for about 100 feet it was a blue. Then it got bad. I'll let Jay say just how bad. I gotta say this, Jay took that 650L places meant for smaller bikes :bow:

I'm sticking to the greens from now on. :fitz:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Ken,

I thought Mountain Ridge was pretty decent. We liked it better than Tower City or Paragon and felt the trails were laid out nicely. IMHO, all the ATV use makes the trails a little harder for bikes in some places though as I felt the ridge in the middle with all the loose dirt and rocks on the sides made the front feel like it wanted to wash out all day long. Of course, this was only the second time I had the BRP off road for real so I really don't have a good base line to compare; and for that matter its only the second time I have been off road for real on 2 wheels instead of on the four-wheeler so I really can't compare.... All I know is that was the most exhausting day of riding I ever experienced, nothing in my 30+ years of riding four wheelers comes close! I think I am going back to nice gravel roads for a while!

Wild Bill was most definitely awlfull, but at least all the rocks shut-up those four wheeler boyz after all the grief we got about the earlier hill climb!

Jay