I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mountain Ridge

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Mountain Ridge

Post by Skinny-J »

I could not make the official DAMN trip to Mountain Ridge on Aug 9 as we were running the Michaux enduro on the 10th and I knew I wasn't man enough to do both back to back! Instead, we are heading up to Mountain Ridge this Saturday the 23rd, this will be our first time there. If anybody missed the 8/9 trip or wants to go back and is looking for somebody to ride with, you are welcome to hook up with us. We will have a mix of bikes and ATV's and we are pretty mellow riders so don't look for us to be riding too many of the Black trails!

For those who have been there before, any suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks
Jay
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Re: Mountain Ridge

Post by chriskoz »

Are you going for the day or overnight? I may be interested in meeting you on Sunday.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
gtop

Post by gtop »

You're going to love it. Mountain Ridge is by far the best place around.

Some of the trail signs are missing. The guy in the office told me people stole them for souvieners during Quad Fest.

The best riding is behind the office on the right side. Thats where most of the wooded trails are. There's one long blue trail that was part of the GNCC course that winds its way through the woods with lots of elevation changes. There's also some black single track that restricted to bikes only. Also, be sure to check out a trail named Appalachian, it ties into a trail named Gunners which is pretty good also. Both of those are rated green, but they're a fun green.

I would love to join you guys Saturday but I have a prior commitment. But i am looking to ride somewhere Sunday.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Chriskoz- we are just going up for the day on Saturday, leaving home o'dark early and getting back late, sorry we can't hook-up on Sunday.

Gtop- Thanks for the skinny, we will be sure to hit those trial first!

Jay
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
gtop

Post by gtop »

chriskoz wrote:Hey Gtop,

Greenridge Sunday?

Sounds great to me!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

gzj443 wrote:Chriskoz- we are just going up for the day on Saturday, leaving home o'dark early and getting back late, sorry we can't hook-up on Sunday.
Ahem... got room for one more on Saturday? Where are you leaving from?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Ken,

The more the merrier! I don't know if you remember but we met at the 2nd annual Greenridge ride, in between the down pours. Anyway, right now the plan is to leave out of York (PA) and shoot up to the Turnpike and straight out to Mountain Ridge. Currently there is 5 of us going. My buddy has a toy hauler that can take 6 bikes but his truck can only haul 5 people. If you are definetly in, I don't mind driving as well, I can take up to 3 bikes and then my buddy could leave his big toy hauler home and take his smaller trailer with 3 bikes as well. One of the guys lives in Manchester (MD) so I could pick him up, then meet you some place like Thurmont or Hagerstown. The good news is with you we have 6 people and qualify for the lower "group" rate! Let me know if you are in and we can make some plans accordingly.

Jay
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

gzj443 wrote:One of the guys lives in Manchester (MD) so I could pick him up, then meet you some place like Thurmont or Hagerstown. The good news is with you we have 6 people and qualify for the lower "group" rate! Let me know if you are in and we can make some plans accordingly.
I have a kitchen pass and I'll drive up in case I need to leave early - where and what time do you want to meet Thurmont or Hagerstown?

Ken
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Ken,

If you don't need a lift than I will get a ride with my buddy so I don't have drive. We are meeting in York at 6:30 am to be on the road by 7' and Mapquest says its a 3 hour drive from York (looks like ~ 2 hrs from Frederick). We could try to meet you in Breezwood or it might be easier to just meet there in case either of us are running late. Give me your cell and I can call you once we are on the road. Send me an e-mail and we can figure it out: j-shaffer at comcast.net.

Jay