I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Radisson Trip Report

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Radisson Trip Report

Post by Rut Row » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:54 pm

If you FFs want to read about my Raddison ride, yes, the one RRob came up for and left because we were a bit late getting to the bar, go here - http://www.kyler.com/index.php?option=c ... 2&Itemid=1 :loveit:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

knorm

Re: Radisson Trip Report

Post by knorm » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:56 am

Very cool! I was thinking about doing something like this with my brother next summer. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kris_Kris
DAMN n00b

Post by Kris_Kris » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:02 pm

If you go with your brother, make sure he removes the cable lock on the front tire before departing. Or at least be ready with the camera. BMW's have a fork lock.

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:58 pm

Kris_Kris wrote:If you go with your brother, make sure he removes the cable lock on the front tire before departing. Or at least be ready with the camera. BMW's have a fork lock.
Hey! Who let you in here! :fitz:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Kris_Kris
DAMN n00b

Post by Kris_Kris » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:34 pm

Kyler wrote:
Kris_Kris wrote:If you go with your brother, make sure he removes the cable lock on the front tire before departing. Or at least be ready with the camera. BMW's have a fork lock.
Hey! Who let you in here! :fitz:
Just making sure the facts are correct.

Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:52 pm

I saw that your Zumo bike cradle quit working -- mine did as well, and Garmin graciously replaced it since it happened 11 months into the 1-year warranty.

I still have the failed one, and I suspect that I'll find water damage when I open it. Apparently, the Zumo is waterproof but the cradle is not, hence the silly little rubber covers.

Replacement cradles are about $55.

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:59 pm

My cradle was over a year old. I bought a new one and pumped every orfice full of dielectric grease. I also coated the connector pins in grease. Hopefully that will last a bit longer.
Ken

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:28 am

Its gonna have to stand up to 500miles of Jersey sand.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:48 am

Bucho wrote:Its gonna have to stand up to 500miles of Jersey sand.
we'll just have to grit it out! :harhar:
Ken