I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2012 DAMN Hatfield and McCoy Trip - April 19-22

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Re: 2012 DAMN Hatfield and McCoy Trip - April 19-22

Post by bonehead »

The landscape this morning
Attachments
IMG_20120219_172042-1.jpg
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

2012 DAMN Hatfield and McCoy Trip - April 19-22

Post by Ovo »

bonehead wrote:A nice view
sweet....I can see lots of pictures in the near future.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
XRAnimal
DAMN Expert

Post by XRAnimal »

My better half lost her job today. So that i can be flexible, move me to a "maybe". DirtyGirl gets first rights to the open bed :harhar:

I still plan to be there but I just wanted to have options (no commitments). :shrug:
XRAnimal
2003 XR400R (plated)
2012 Super Tenere
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

Sorry guys, I'm out... I'll be into my second week at my new job in Alaska. :freakey: DAMN right I'm riding up too. :thumbup:

I'll be back eventually, probably maybe. :peep:
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

This thread sounds fascinating and I always wanted to do the H&M ride. I'm new here, but am interested. Right now committing to multiple days of riding really spends my "good will points" with the wife. I've 2 boys; 5 an 7 y.o. I have a plated 09 450 EXC. Can anyone tell me if there's some sort of "primer" for these rides so I don't just ask a hella lot of dumb questions? Like what is needed to do these rides? Offroad/onroad or both? All dualsport?

Please be gentle; i've never done the H&M trails.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I understand having wife and small kids, (this is my "big trip" for the year).
Your 450 is a great bike, its good thats its plated but for Hatfield you actually don't need it. The local towns really love the money from the offroad riders. You can ride your quad or totally illegal dirtbike into town straight to the gas pump or the diner for lunch.
This is going to be a fairly large group. I forsee splitting up into multiple riding groups. Some harder A groups and maybe an easier riding group that might do a little more dualsporting type stuff. Figure out where you fit in and ride. Bring your money to chip in, we have several cabins rented. If a top bunk or couch isn't still open, then bring your air mattress for a floor spot. I think there will be a combination of guys going out to eat dinners and some staying in and cooking.

BillyGoat wrote:This thread sounds fascinating and I always wanted to do the H&M ride. I'm new here, but am interested. Right now committing to multiple days of riding really spends my "good will points" with the wife. I've 2 boys; 5 an 7 y.o. I have a plated 09 450 EXC. Can anyone tell me if there's some sort of "primer" for these rides so I don't just ask a hella lot of dumb questions? Like what is needed to do these rides? Offroad/onroad or both? All dualsport?

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

All good stuff...the sticker to ride this area is $50 for the year. I'm sure we will be going back or at least I will be to make sure I get my moneys worth.

I am still a learner in terms of skill and plan on running a lot of the easier stuff and just enjoying my two days of riding. I tend to explore and just cruise, where some of the other guys will be taking on the challenges of the rougher single track stuff.

Your EXC will be a great bike for this trip.

Rental for the houses will be some where around 30-40 a night per person ( I believe ) and as far as food and drinks, we can all pitch in down there or eat at the local restaurants.

As Bucho said as long as you have the sticker displayed on your bike, you can ride into town for gas, food, etc...without any issues.

We have had one drop out so far, would be GREAT to fill that spot with your name!!!

Come join the fun and have a DAMN good time!
Bucho wrote:I understand having wife and small kids, (this is my "big trip" for the year).
Your 450 is a great bike, its good thats its plated but for Hatfield you actually don't need it. The local towns really love the money from the offroad riders. You can ride your quad or totally illegal dirtbike into town straight to the gas pump or the diner for lunch.
This is going to be a fairly large group. I forsee splitting up into multiple riding groups. Some harder A groups and maybe an easier riding group that might do a little more dualsporting type stuff. Figure out where you fit in and ride. Bring your money to chip in, we have several cabins rented. If a top bunk or couch isn't still open, then bring your air mattress for a floor spot. I think there will be a combination of guys going out to eat dinners and some staying in and cooking.

BillyGoat wrote:This thread sounds fascinating and I always wanted to do the H&M ride. I'm new here, but am interested. Right now committing to multiple days of riding really spends my "good will points" with the wife. I've 2 boys; 5 an 7 y.o. I have a plated 09 450 EXC. Can anyone tell me if there's some sort of "primer" for these rides so I don't just ask a hella lot of dumb questions? Like what is needed to do these rides? Offroad/onroad or both? All dualsport?

14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

It is with great regret that I must withdraw. My wife will be having major back surgery shortly before this trip and I need to be home to care for her.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Very sorry to hear for both you and your wife.

Sure hope the drop out trend does not continue or I will be on the hook for a bunch of lodging.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

We could have everyone send lodging payment to you now. It means you won't get stiffed if someone bails and it will encourage people to go since they've already paid.

Sorry to hear about your wife, Kyler. I hope everything turns out well.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200