I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Blind enduro 11-27

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Blind enduro 11-27

Post by BigBird »

I felt like and OLD MAN even before riding those loops :lol2:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Justin Fisher

Post by Justin Fisher »

Tell you the truth the old man loop is more fun when you get to go around and around and around but the big loop is more of a challenge so I like the challenge
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

All you people who skipped out after the first session really missed out. The second session was a lot less people and a lot less mud (in general). Between natural drying out and people throwing the mud off the trail, even my first lap in the second session was riding in actual dirt, which honestly was a somewhat new experience for me.

The two deepest mud portions, for my second lap, were modified. The first one, where Sam was stuck behind that guy who was stuck behind the guy who seemed to pretty much have lost his entire bike in the mud, ended up being completely bypassed by dropping off the trail to the left, riding up the river/stream for a good 100 feet, then heading up the bank and around. That was great fun! I was being directed to go to the left and either I went too far or not far enough, but I ended up going through the deep part for a few feet and the water went well over my front wheel in actual depth, with the splash coming up over my fairing and into my lap. No real drama, but it certainly was exciting!

The big mud hill where Grady's bike blew the pressure release and my bike boiled in the morning session ended up having a marked go around because that mud field ended up being completely unbelievable. My second lap in the afternoon session, I ended up hanging out there for a good 15 minutes watching people go up the hard (original) way. There were people directing traffic to the hard or easy way depending on which group they were in, so it was fun to watch. And I was exhausted and needed the break!

Anyway, I had a blast for the afternoon section. Between starting earlier instead of waiting until the end and going around anyone who stopped or even slowed down at the beginning and especially the trails actually being in better condition than they were in the morning, it was fantastic.

I wish I had a picture of the mud field from the end of the afternoon section to share, but my phone was in my truck. So sorry, no pictures except what my Dad took at start/finish. He has some pics of me and Jay, so I'll try to get them posted if he hasn't already.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Patrick,

I liked the afternoon sesion too. There was definitely less traffic on the trails; I found I was in at least a gear higher on every section compared to the morning. Maybe it was knowing just a little more about what to expect around the next turn; or maybe it was trying to keep up with you as you were flying!

That mud hole was completly insane. I must have missed the guy directing riders to the by-pass b/c I ended up in the axle deep bog that you had to carry speed through to then try to climb up the hill; what a mess. And that mud clung to the bike like mashed-potatoes, it took me like 2 hours to wash off the bike when I got home.

I ended up getting pretty tired and that was when I bounced off a large oak tree right at the finish line and decided to call it a day before more carnage was inflicted. Still, I had a great time. I was very happy with the new bike and it was about a perfect day to go riding with 400 of your closest friends. Looking forward to next time!

Jay
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

My dad told me about your tree incident when I got back. I was waiting for you at the mud pit the second time around but I figured you must have called it after the first lap because I didn't think I was that far ahead of you.

The people directing traffic was actually on the second lap. My first lap I went straight up the hill, or tried to, anyway.

As for the mud and cleaning up afterward, I'd like to point out I have a paved driveway, which you can't really see in this picture --

As Jay said, it took me probably a half hour or more just to get to the part where I could finally use a soap and sponge.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

phoo wrote:As Jay said, it took me probably a half hour or more just to get to the part where I could finally use a soap and sponge.
you use soap and a sponge on a dirt bike? :screwy: :shrug: :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Kyler wrote:
phoo wrote:As Jay said, it took me probably a half hour or more just to get to the part where I could finally use a soap and sponge.
Yes, since our bikes are not orange we are not embarassed by the color and don't need to try to conceal them with dirt.....
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

Skinny-J wrote:
Kyler wrote:
Yes, since our bikes are not orange we are not embarassed by the color and don't need to try to conceal them with dirt.....
So they are clean bikes not dirt bikes ? :lol2: I don't clean mine as much as I should ,but that mess from Sunday needed soap and sponge and then some. I don't ever remember getting that much mud on a chain that it resembled a belt .
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Skinny-J wrote:
Kyler wrote:
DAYUM!! :lurker:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Here's a little video of part of the first loop up untill my bike started overheating.
[youtube][/youtube]