I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Pennsylvania Ski Area to Ski Area Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Denny
DAMN Expert

Pennsylvania Ski Area to Ski Area Ride

Post by Denny »

The 11th Annual Great Outdoors Festival is Oct. 23rd @ Whitetail Ski Area and I am planning fall color cruise. The ride will start @ 9:00 in the Ski Liberty parking lot traveling north through Michaux State Forest, west on RT 233 into Tuscarora State Forest and then south through Buchanan State Forest ending at the Whitetail Ski Area for the Festival. The ride will be 50/50 dirt/pavement and I'm guessing 225 miles.

Does this sound like an outing anyone would be interested in?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Pennsylvania Ski Area to Ski Area Ride

Post by Rut Row »

Denny wrote:The 11th Annual Great Outdoors Festival is Oct. 23rd @ Whitetail Ski Area and I am planning fall color cruise. The ride will start @ 9:00 in the Ski Liberty parking lot traveling north through Michaux State Forest, west on RT 233 into Tuscarora State Forest and then south through Buchanan State Forest ending at the Whitetail Ski Area for the Festival. The ride will be 50/50 dirt/pavement and I'm guessing 225 miles.

:wallbash: I'm committed that weekend :rant:

but don't change the ride on my account!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Kyler wrote:
Denny wrote:The 11th Annual Great Outdoors Festival is Oct. 23rd @ Whitetail Ski Area and I am planning fall color cruise. The ride will start @ 9:00 in the Ski Liberty parking lot traveling north through Michaux State Forest, west on RT 233 into Tuscarora State Forest and then south through Buchanan State Forest ending at the Whitetail Ski Area for the Festival. The ride will be 50/50 dirt/pavement and I'm guessing 225 miles.

:wallbash: I'm committed that weekend :rant:

but don't change the ride on my account!
You should be committed :amazon:

Sound like a great route but same day as the RORR dual sport.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

bump - any of you guys going to see some new roads/area with Denny?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I wish I could, but I'm pretty sure I'm booked that weekend, which is why I don't think I'm doing the RORR.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
SoPaRider
DAMN n00b

Post by SoPaRider »

How goes it DM?

If all goes well this Saturday (15th) my DR will be ready for a romp through the countryside
and I've been more than ready for way too long, so let me know what time you what to leave Fairfield and I'll do my best to be there on the 22nd.

JC (SoPaRider)
SoPaRider
DAMN n00b

Post by SoPaRider »

I mean Sunday the 23rd at 9:00 A.M.!!!! JC
Denny
DAMN Expert

Post by Denny »

As of today counting you we have 4 and we are all from Franklin County. If no one else chimes in I may move the start to this side of the mountain. That would save the 4 of us 35 mile of pavement riding to Ski Liberty. Give me a call @ 717-532-6439 Friday night and we can make plans. Tonight is the South Penn Enduro Riders monthly meeting and I may pick up an additional rider or 2 for Sunday.
Denny
DAMN Expert

Post by Denny »

As it turns out with those who are interested in making this ride. I have decided to offer 2 rides one this Sunday leaving from Chambersburg @ the Greenvillage Restraunt @ 9:00. I will arrive @ 8:30 for breakfast. The as planned Oct. 23rd @ Ski Liberty starting @ 9:00. Anyone who wishes to join me please call me @ 717-532-6439. This way the riders going to RORR Dual Sport can do both.

Thanks
Denny
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Denny wrote:As it turns out with those who are interested in making this ride. I have decided to offer 2 rides one this Sunday leaving from Chambersburg @ the Greenvillage Restraunt @ 9:00. I will arrive @ 8:30 for breakfast. The as planned Oct. 23rd @ Ski Liberty starting @ 9:00. Anyone who wishes to join me please call me @ 717-532-6439. This way the riders going to RORR Dual Sport can do both.

Thanks
Denny
My MSF class was cancelled :loveit:

so I'm IN! I'll do the Sunday ride and meet you for breakfast - got an address?

Bonehead - you in?
Ken