I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

East Coast Jam Western Md Ride spot July 31-Aug 3

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Hare
DAMN Poohba

East Coast Jam Western Md Ride spot July 31-Aug 3

Post by Hare »

We have a ride spot out western maryland thats real cool, its near Deer Park, MD, some of you might know part of it as North Hill Scrambles but we stay in a different part near the Potomac river.
A bunch of our friends all have Honda Pilots (the dune buggy ones) and we meet out there a few times a year and ride. My pilot is broke so i will be taking the bikes instead, theres a mixture of everything up there not to mention the endless twisty back roads. Hopefully I can get one of my local friends to take some advance riders, and me on injuried reserve could take the easier trails.

I called up the people that run it to make sure it was ok to invite 10 close friends (you guys) and they were all cool about it. The only thing they dont want is directions, details or info posted on the internet. Share pictures, stories ect but no details on location, they have enough to handle as it is. Please dont post or link this info on any other sites, we need to keep it low key if its to last.

Its $10. per day person, or $100. for the year (until Jan) for husband, wife and kids under 16, theres a couple nice swimming holes, an ass hell ride in a tube, primitive camping, the place big trailer/motorhome friendly, drinking, burning and the exploding of things is encouraged. Bring Drinking Water and food. Road Kills goes on grill, so hit something yummy.

Email me or PM for details, let me know who you are and give your word that you wont spread this around and your in.

harescrambles at comcast.net

Thanks Joe
FOX8505

Re: East Coast Jam Western Md Ride spot July 31-Aug 3

Post by FOX8505 »

Interested but can't seem to find Deer park on a map. Just looking to get a better idea of the haul from the Baltimore area. Sounds like a great place, thanks for sharing.

-Matt
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Sweet Looking forward to meeting some of you guys. Weather should be perfect.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Deer+ ... ocode=CITY
where we go is actually a little closer to Kitzmiller, MD but for any more details on location please PM me and agree not to spread it around.

http://pilotodyssey.com/phpBB2/viewtopi ... t=ecj+pics

theres a bunch of pictures from over the years on

http://www.pilotodyssey.com/phpBB2/index.php

but to view you have to register and cant use hotmail or yahoo type email addresses

search for "ECJ Pics" in the ride trip/ Racing section of the site.
Last edited by Hare on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

Good to see you on this site Joe! I sent you a PM.

Chris
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Hare wrote:drinking, burning and the exploding of things is encouraged.
Sounds perfect! I was planning on heading out that way this weekend anyway. I'll send you an email this evening...
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

This is right by where I live in Oakland, MD. If I am in town this weekend (up in the air at the moment), I am a definite maybe! :lol2: :thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

I'm planning on heading out there on Friday, probably just for the day.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Several of us our still trying to sort out our weekend plans, but we may be in that area riding our supermotos. How much riding can we do there on street tires? (I'm an SM purist: it's not really a supermoto unless you ride it in the dirt. :brows: )

Don't be surprised if we come crash your party for a few minutes on Saturday.
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

I might be interested in a SM cruise depending how the day unfolds, definately stop by, there are plenty of roads all around, a little loop around the two lakes Randolph Jennings and Savage, down to Luke and back would be fun, there are some 4WD trails out away from camp but they can be rough on a true SM.

SMs would be better sticking to the backroads, most of the forest stuff is one way in same way out, the club grounds is mostly trails plenty of them truck wide but usually some hazard, flat but rocky, or slippery or a combo, kind of just rough in general not like a smooth fire road. I have more of a dirt bike thats streetable an XR600, pretty sure another friend is bringing his CBR.
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Hare wrote:I might be interested in a SM cruise depending how the day unfolds, definately stop by, there are plenty of roads all around, a little loop around the two lakes Randolph Jennings and Savage, down to Luke and back would be fun,
Sounds good. It's a 100% lock that we'll be on some those same roads tomorrow. I've got your cell number. We'll try to swing by and drag you out for a backroads SM loop. :thumbup:
Rob

XR650L