I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tasker's Gap, 5/25

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
badguy
DAMN Expert

Re: Tasker's Gap, 5/25

Post by badguy »

Well I didn't get too many pictures, but they cleared and widened what I think is Peter's Mill up on the ridge. Here are some shots of other parts (I don't know where I was...)

I went left :shrug:

This culvert was washed out and we ended up crossing the creek. It was interesting, to say the least. We would've gone back the other way, but there was a new guy on a DRZ with distanzias who rode up from Blacksburg and had to ride back down the same day. He was having a little trouble in the mud and on the rocky sections (so pretty much everywhere :lol2:) so we didn't want to have to find our way back through the trails.

At some point I must've caught a branch or tree and ripped part of my signal off...I've never seen one break like this
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Thanks for the pics Badguy, I don't know my way around that well either. It seems like I usually end up doing the same two trails and then running out of time or something.

I wouldn't want to ride my bike there and be on distanzias. I'd give him props for doing it anyway, but that seems like he is making that a lot harder then it has to be. And thats a pretty rocky place where you could easily smash up your bike and not be able to ride home.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

Yeah, I don't think he knew exactly what he was getting into. He did improve a lot after sticking his duffel bag on my bike and getting some advice, though.

Having said that, one of my buddies was there on a DRZ-SM with distanzias and he was kicking ass! Surprised the hell out of me and most of the other guys there.
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Is this still on? I have to be in Richmond on the 26th, so I was thinking of riding here the 25th and heading over to Richmond after.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

trialsrider wrote:Is this still on? I have to be in Richmond on the 26th, so I was thinking of riding here the 25th and heading over to Richmond after.
As long as someone else besides me promises to show up its on.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Bucho wrote:
trialsrider wrote:Is this still on? I have to be in Richmond on the 26th, so I was thinking of riding here the 25th and heading over to Richmond after.
As long as someone else besides me promises to show up its on.

I should be up for it. I will confirm next week
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
restukey
DAMN Expert

Post by restukey »

Phil,
Not going to make this one. It loses out to SummitPoint supermoto on Friday. Can't take off twice in one week. I'm still interested. Keep me posted.
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

I am out also. Just too much going on this week. I would be up for rescheduling in June mid-week

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

As long as bigbird is still game, I still plan on going.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Between getting a late start and being exhausted from working, Sam easily talked me into ditching Taskers and heading over to the much closer R&T property in Iamsville.
It was a shorter riding day but still good. Parts of it were pretty gnarly, was pretty muddy. In the first ten minutes there was a muddy rocky hill that kicked both our butts. We went around it and I think we did the whole trail at least once. I kept getting turned around and had trouble following the arrows. But eventually did the whole thing.
At the end of the day I hopped on Sam's KTM 200. He has it set up pretty well, I did all the hard stuff again and made it up the hill that I had trouble on earlier.
Was a good time.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200