I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN Trail Ride at Mountain Ridge, PA August 9th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: DAMN Trail Ride at Mountain Ridge, PA August 9th

Post by Laoch »

RRob wrote:
dirtygrunt wrote:PP sent for two.

Plan on arriving Friday between 6-8 PM.

Bruce.
Thanks. Painless, wasn't it?

I think this place is going to be really fun. Have you or TJ ever ridden on a motocross track before?
I talked with my mechanic/rider/independent shop owner today. He was at Mountain Ridge last weekend. He said it was great. Trails forever, for all types of riders.

He said the MX track wasn't real good. more of a backyard type deal. That's ok, TJ doesn't need to jump.

Biggest issue he had was gas. He rode so much he had to keep filling up.
Bruce
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

This place looks stellar. I am very psyched for next weekend!!
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
DNFJoe

Post by DNFJoe »

Guys,

Me and my wife's life was just turned upside down. I came home after work to see my truck was gone. I entered the house and saw we had been robbed. The F*cker(s) got money, 5 gallon jug partially filled with change, my 357 revolver, some of my wife's jewelry, (some from her mom and grandmother that can never be replaced) the certificate of origin for my trailer that I have not registered yet, and they drove off in my ridgeline with the spare keys that they found in the house. They left the computer and 20" tv as well as our VCR. Our neighbors pulled together tonight to get us safe and secure but things are going to be different for us now that we feel violated.

I will rent a truck if I don't get mine back in good working order by then. The key to my DR650 was right there too and I am happier they took my truck.

I have a new and strengthened bond with the neighborhood now. I had 5 folks here doing for me what I was dreading to do. One was even kind enough to lend us some additional protective measures until we can get something ourselves.

I hope the folks that did this get what is coming their way !

Joe
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Sorry for your loss. That has got to be a devastating feeling. It's great that your neighbors are being so helpful. There are a lot good people in the world and just a few really shitty ones. Too bad the shitty people have such an impact on the world.

You and your wife have had a tough summer. Hang in there. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I live in a declining blue-collar neighborhood, and what you've experienced is one of my biggest fears.

I've had, over the course of 20 years, 5 motorcycles stolen, so I understand the feeling of violation and rage. I can only imagine that what you're feeling is a magnitude more than what I felt.

If it makes you feel any better, that sounds like a pro job if they have the connections to dispose of big items like that, and to place value on an MSO. Chain up the trailer, they'll be back for it, maybe you can get it on video.

That massively sucks, and if there's anything you need give a shout.
DNFJoe

Post by DNFJoe »

Update:

The knuckleheads did not get the Trailer title of origin, it was just moved. they missed the PS2 and a bunch of games that were cluttered over in the one room. They did get 2 digital cameras that we missed first time through the stuff. They did leave dvds and cd's. I just don't get it. Worst part for the neighborhood, most of the time one of my neighbors is always home. there are a few retired folks that don't miss a thing but schedules had them each away and busy on this day. Now each of them is paranoid, because much like me they did not think it was possible.

Joe
Carthorse
DAMN n00b

Post by Carthorse »

I think I can swing a trip up Saturday a.m. - need to give the CRF a check over though as the cobwebs are obscuring most of it from view. Want to check out the WERA National at Summit on Sunday so I'll drive back Saturday too. :thumbup:
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I'll be driving up Friday evening. Will there be a locked gate, if we arrive after hours? I was planning on getting there around nine, ten at the latest.
I was looking at the website, but it isn't clear.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Carthorse wrote:I think I can swing a trip up Saturday a.m. - need to give the CRF a check over though as the cobwebs are obscuring most of it from view. Want to check out the WERA National at Summit on Sunday so I'll drive back Saturday too. :thumbup:
:thumbup: Awesome. Glad you can make it. It's going to be a good time and the weather is going to be absolutely perfect: Sunny and 70!
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Bucho wrote:I'll be driving up Friday evening. Will there be a locked gate, if we arrive after hours? I was planning on getting there around nine, ten at the latest.
I was looking at the website, but it isn't clear.
It won't be a problem. When I get there Friday afternoon, maybe 2ish, I'll be sure to mention it to them. Their website says late arrivals are OK if you tell them.