I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN Trail Ride at Mountain Ridge, PA August 9th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
gtop

Re: DAMN Trail Ride at Mountain Ridge, PA August 9th

Post by gtop »

What a great ride! Defenitely need to go up again. By far the best place i've ridden
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Thanks for the concern, it means alot right now...

Glad you guys had a good time! :thumbup:

Phil, sorry you had to sleep on the ground. I owe you one...
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

Unfortunately I only took two pictures, but here they are. That place was fantastic, one of the nicest places I have been. ImageImage
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Chris, you have the picture of your sparkling clean KX, you should have the after picture. I know I left a whole lot of mud in my driveway after I hosed off my bike.

I don't know who woke up sore today, the riding was fine, but I can feel my hamstrings from running my bike to bump start it! For anyone who cares, initial testing at home reveals it is was probably just my battery.

For anyone who has off during the middle of the week, I might try to go back on a Thursday to Mountain Ridge.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I haven't cleaned the bike yet, but I have the bruises and empty head to prove I was there yesterday. :screwy: How did the bikes get so muddy at a place that was so dusty, dry, and rock strewn?
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
gtop

Post by gtop »

How did the bikes get so muddy at a place that was so dusty, dry, and rock strewn?
Thats Wild Bill mud.

Mike (the guy I rode up with) his brother and myself are going back up Friday. Anybody that want to join us are more than welcome.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I managed to find mud, deep mud and rocks, big rocks. Overall, I think we found a little bit of everything. And I don't think we hit half the trails.

Did you guys get on Gunners Run? That was the last trail we rode, it was about eight miles long and was well laid out, well marked and a fun trail.

Things didn't start off too well Friday night

A couple of phone calls and a map check later we were doing this

Got up to the office in the morning and saw this

Somebody had a tire eating pooch

Bucho always seems to be fiddling with his thumper

And of course-"Let's go Dad!"

Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:For anyone who has off during the middle of the week, I might try to go back on a Thursday to Mountain Ridge.
I might be able to swing this - keep me posted!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

gtop wrote:Mike (the guy I rode up with) his brother and myself are going back up Friday. Anybody that want to join us are more than welcome.
Can't make this Friday but keep me in mind.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

dirtygrunt wrote:
Bucho always seems to be fiddling with his thumper
We are clearly demonstrating the group work ethic required to be state gov't employees right here! :lol2:

Gunners Run was lot's of fun. It was also the trail where I had my heavy get off, bumping my head good enough to see stars and tweety birds. A Red Bull induced moment of superior confidence. That was one crazy twisty run though. Good fun.

Greg, Mike, Chris, and I had a lot of fun on the Gentle Ben trail, which if you follow the access road over the hill from the office, all the way to the gate at the end, the trail head was to the left (Or that's where we got on it). It seemed to wind around the outer edges of the property, with lot's of tight switch backs through the pine trees on the side of the hills. Not difficult, but really fun and scenic. There were two semi huge hill climbs back there too, which we didn't know where they lead to, and we were running low on fuel, but they looked...um...interesting.... :rickey: There were also a couple of blue trails running off inito the woods we missed while out there.

The blue trails like Wild Bill were quite challenging. I want a report back from a black trail before I try one of those. For anyone that wasn't there to witness it, you should have seen Greg's Indiana Jones style bridge crossing where the bridge disintegrated behind him as he crossed it. That was on Wild Bill.

I will keep an open mind about Friday. I bet that place is deserted during the week.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC