I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Last lap ride apr23rd

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Re: Last lap ride apr23rd

Post by Grady »

Junior wrote:Wet and muddy! had fun till we stop for gas and i found out my gas tank was cracked!! Half a lap and my day was over. :thumbsup:
Better to find out here rather than Moab
CapoGreg

Re: Last lap ride apr23rd

Post by CapoGreg »

I had an awesome time today. I wished I hadn't waited so long to ride it. It took me 2.5 hours to do 1 lap because, unlike Ken, I actually am slow. But I can also say, I didn't drop it the whole time I was riding today. I think I'm going back one weekend for a camp & ride just on the forest roads.

BTW - I bought a Harbor Freight hitch-mounted carrier on Thursday when it looked like Grady wasn't going to make it. It was worth every penny. I got good gas mileage out of my Jeep and barely noticed the extra weight on the back.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Rumor was that someone else from the group had a chunk of his nose torn, probably from glasses?

Too bad you guys had to bail so soon. The sun came out and made the trail perfect. No dust, but mostly dry in a lot of places with some mud to play in and it became really easy to get around most of the puddles as they had gotten significantly smaller. I did four or five laps today. The last one I did in 40 minutes and had a blast. I would have loved to have done another, but by then it was 4pm and I had a long drive to get home.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

A few photos, video might take a couple days.

Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

GR is going our with a bang! Cracked tanks, blown tires, etc - like it knows it won't be appreciated any more and is letting it all loose.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Pa_trailrider
DAMN Expert

Post by Pa_trailrider »

Made it to GR Saturday and met a few more DAMN Riders and got a loop in before my tire went flat.
Ended up changing the tire twice. :wallbash:
First I put in a new tube that blew out about 75 miles later,then I patched the one I took out and put it back in only busted one knuckle and broke the face shield on my helmet.
Also got caught in worst rainstorm I been in yet.

It was a DAMN good ride just a shame what goverment can screw up.
DR 650 DRZ 400 XCW 300
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I want to hear how the face shield was being used to change the tire? :lurker:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

I spent the da celebrating easter with my extended family. Sad to think today was the final horrah for GR :frustrated: . I just got back into dirt over the last few months because of you guys.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Pa_trailrider
DAMN Expert

Post by Pa_trailrider »

After I changed the second tire I had to cross/jump a ditch to get back on 68.
When I hit the hardtop the tire was full of mud I spun a donut and went down on one knee tore my pants and I think I hit my face shield on my handlebars. It broke the part that holds the shield in place.
DR 650 DRZ 400 XCW 300
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

:ride:

I approve! :freakey:
Ken