I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Green Ridge Friday July 11th is on!

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
gtop

Re: Green Ridge Friday July 11th is on!

Post by gtop »

It was great meeting everybody. Thanks for the warm welcome. Had a great time, can't wait to do it again!
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I just rolled in from Green Ridge! Yes, it is 1 am. RRob and Lou and I shut the place down (well not really, there were still quads and Jeeps and a Suburu running the ORV trail when we left at 11 pm!). We watched the sun go down, the moon come up, and the stars come out. Beautiful night. Green Ridge is a neat place. Today was nearly perfect. :roost: :whoop:

Thanks to all for the good riding and good company. :thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

it looks much better today than yesterday. I cropped the picture close to avoid damaging the sensitivities of those with diminutive equipment :harhar: :lol2: :poser:

Unfortunately I couldn't crop out the beer gut without losing perspective. The hematoma runs from my hip 1/2 way to my knee. Seen front on, makes me look like I have a girlie hip on the right side. :dry: I have new armor on order.
hematoma01.jpg
hematoma01.jpg (61.05 KiB) Viewed 3351 times
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

That's one helluva bruise. I think I know where you went down. Was it exiting one of the muddy, bermed right handers as you get to the far right side of the trail to go up the hill? There are quite a few spots that fit that description, but one place in particular nearly bit me two laps in a row. I thought I was going over the edge into the ravine!

One topic of discussion yesterday was whether the trail is getting tougher or are we getting older. One thing I know for sure is that I am sore as crap today after only three moderately paced laps. Ugh, I guess I have to work harder now...

It was an awesome day and hanging out late was fun. Next time we need to plan for some night laps!

Thanks for lunch, Bucho!

Good to meet you Greg!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:That's one helluva bruise. I think I know where you went down. Was it exiting one of the muddy, bermed right handers as you get to the far right side of the trail to go up the hill? There are quite a few spots that fit that description, but one place in particular nearly bit me two laps in a row. I thought I was going over the edge into the ravine!
That sounds about right. The bike stayed on the trail and I slid/bounced down the ravine. :knary:
RRob wrote:One topic of discussion yesterday was whether the trail is getting tougher or are we getting older. One thing I know for sure is that I am sore as crap today after only three moderately paced laps. Ugh, I guess I have to work harder now...
I'm moving pretty slowly today and the bride has been laughing at me. But! She said she'd rather have me on the dirt with you guys than riding the street. She thinks Phil is the best and assumes you guys are too. Therefore, NONE OF YOU WILL EVER BE INTRODUCED! :nono: :lol8:
RRob wrote:It was an awesome day and hanging out late was fun. Next time we need to plan for some night laps!
Sounds like a sleep over to me! DAMN Rider style! :rayof:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

It was a good time. I slept very well last night. I need to save up points so I can stay ALL day at Greenridge and not always have to be the guy who rushes off.

I think the trail is getting harder overall. Even though they tend to fill in the very worst parts. The hill up to the rocky part used to be a huge massive trench.

I'm glad your wife still likes me Ken, the next time I see her I'll try to make sure I have Caleb w/ me so she will be distracted by his baby power of cuteness.

So where is the next outing? Training day at Rob's for a log hopping course? Tasker's Gap?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200