I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Open Practice 7/5/08

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
RRob
DAMN Expert

Re: Open Practice 7/5/08

Post by RRob »

Burgers and chips it is. The grill will be in "pit" area if anyone wants to use it. :eats:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:I was going to prepare a very simple lunch of hamburgers and potato chips. Is that OK or does it work it better if everyone brings their own lunch? It doesn't matter to me either way.
:eats:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

mdubya wrote: You can do some laps on my bike.
It will be a nice ride out to RRob's place for you. And RRob's place is a pretty nice spot to spend some time, too.
I'm looking forward to the ride down for sure. :ride:

Where is everyone leaving from? I thought of following someone down for fun. That, or I will just make my way on my own. Good for me either way.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Hey Scott, you can borrow my DR for a bit as long as I can take your DL for a brief road ride. The DR will help w/ the dualsport/dirtbike perspective after riding a pair of KTMs and a CRF.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Teethgrinder wrote:Where is everyone leaving from? I thought of following someone down for fun. That, or I will just make my way on my own. Good for me either way.
Meet us at JT's Motorsports at 0900 and you can follow us.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

The rain has passed and the trail is in good shape. The forecast is calling for a 100% chance of fun all day! :thumbup:
Rob

XR650L
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Sounds good. See you noonish.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Teethgrinder

For your viewing pleasure

Post by Teethgrinder »

Here are the highlights from Rob's Big Dirtbikes Guns Beers and Burgers Day! (Highlights = pics that actually turned out. I need a camera). Next time I will have to post up in the woods by the real fun stuff...

Bucho's keyless DR. Hotwiring on TV is so much easier.

Bucho: "So you're saying that this would've been a lot easier if I'd brought the key?"
Rob: "Yes. Very, very much so."
Bucho: "Who'da thunk?"

Kyler - Now with 100% more Kick-Ass KTM

Bucho strafing my elbow. (I can withstand potential injury for the sake of art)

Flying Bucho

Flying Kyler. And he says he new to dirtbiking :dry:

Bucho, Mike and Ken discuss ways to further increase the level of manliness

Kyler vs. Tree. Ultimately, Tree wins.

Rob and Bucho shoot-em-up. (For those who didn't attend, in the pic below, I am off camera to the right, holding the target. That's what happens when you show up without a dirtbike. You are warned).

Rob vs. Mud-Hole...

...Rob makes Mud-Hole his bitch!

Great time, even with no bike. I did get to crash nonetheless, so I feel I paid for my tasty burgers with slapstick entertainment value. Looks like it's time to go dirtbike shopping.

Thanks so much for hosting, Rob. You have a wonderful little piece of the planet. :thumbup:
Last edited by Teethgrinder on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. And seeing RRob run the mud with a smoke dangling from his lips is something else! :lol8:
Ken
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

Looks like you guys had a blast. Love seeing Bucho on the old 2 stroke CR. That reminds, I'm selling one! Sorry I missed it.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F