I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Third Annual DAMN Birthday Camp & Ride: April 1-3

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: Third Annual DAMN Birthday Camp & Ride: April 1-3

Post by phoo »

Granville wrote:Btw, Barton is only 2Hrs. if you drive like 90MPH :poser:
Any time the offer is open, I would absolutely head back there for another go at it. Watching the videos I was reminded of some trails that I didn't hit on Sunday that I would like to ride again, especially when dry.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
dak
DAMN Expert

Post by dak »

So in April off 1-3 2011 at around 245 pm at the Camp and Ride I lost my Garmin Dakota 20 then sometime this year at an other Camp and Ride 5 years later the DAMN riders found it and shipped back to me. So I own someone a couple of beers for finding it and shipping it. Anyway to my surprise the unit works excellent. One can say Garmin is truly waterproof and though.
Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

dak wrote:So in April off 1-3 2011 at around 245 pm at the Camp and Ride I lost my Garmin Dakota 20 then sometime this year at an other Camp and Ride 5 years later the DAMN riders found it and shipped back to me. So I own someone a couple of beers for finding it and shipping it. Anyway to my surprise the unit works excellent. One can say Garmin is truly waterproof and though.
Thanks guys.

That should be a commercial for Garmin
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bucho wrote:
dak wrote:So in April off 1-3 2011 at around 245 pm at the Camp and Ride I lost my Garmin Dakota 20 then sometime this year at an other Camp and Ride 5 years later the DAMN riders found it and shipped back to me. So I own someone a couple of beers for finding it and shipping it. Anyway to my surprise the unit works excellent. One can say Garmin is truly waterproof and though.
Thanks guys.

That should be a commercial for Garmin
That's a great idea! Ya might get a new, free, GPS outta it!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

and for a small fee, I'll bet the DAMN guys would recreate the event! :hi5:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
dak
DAMN Expert

Post by dak »

My girlfriend told me that also, you should submit your GPS experience with Garmin. Let see if we can get one for all the people that are involved. Mr. kyler the writer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Dave and I were doing the first lap of the season to clean the trails. We were in the last section of pines, just before the Billy Goat trail. Dave stopped to pick-up a large piece of aluminum frame guard from Sam's Razor. That Razor guard must have been sitting there from last year's fall ride. While Dave was collecting the Razor part, he found the Garmin. There is some grass that grows just off that trail. Good thing that Razor part took a dive in the same spot.

Very glad you got your Garmin back. I often wondered what happen to it. Pretty wacky for someone to take the Razor in that section of tight single track. I'm sure Joker had something to do with this.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Granville wrote: Pretty wacky for someone to take the Razor in that section of tight single track. I'm sure Joker had something to do with this.
Have you met Sam? :screwy:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
dak
DAMN Expert

Post by dak »

Yes I know Sam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Granville wrote:Dave and I were doing the first lap of the season to clean the trails. We were in the last section of pines, just before the Billy Goat trail. Dave stopped to pick-up a large piece of aluminum frame guard from Sam's Razor. That Razor guard must have been sitting there from last year's fall ride. While Dave was collecting the Razor part, he found the Garmin. There is some grass that grows just off that trail. Good thing that Razor part took a dive in the same spot.

Very glad you got your Garmin back. I often wondered what happen to it. Pretty wacky for someone to take the Razor in that section of tight single track. I'm sure Joker had something to do with this.
Glad the GPS made it back to its rightful home.

Joker is mostly innocent on the loss of the RZR frame guard. I had him make a GPS track of one of the rides he took the QOFE on and was trying to follow that track. HOWEVER, this dumb OFG got confused (it happens often to us OLD folks :shrug: ) and mistakenly selected the WRONG track (which was one from a earlier MC ride). After a while I figured out my OOPS! DUH! But it is amazing how well the RZR can navigate MOST of the really tight stuff.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike