I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Third Annual DAMN Birthday Camp & Ride: April 1-3

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Third Annual DAMN Birthday Camp & Ride: April 1-3

Post by Wingfixer »

mdubya wrote:I hate to say this, but it is looking like I am out for this event, including the Sunday ride I said I would lead. I am dealing with some back and neck trauma and I will be lucky to be able to drive down to visit, much less ride at this point.

I am sorry. :boohoo:

DAMN dude! That sucks! I hope you are feeling up to at least hanging for a bit on saturday.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

TyMarp wrote:Volunteered. :ride: It must be noted, I don't possess mdub's skills, but I should be able to keep us from getting lost.
What would be the fun in that?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Post by TyMarp »

Don't worry Patrick. I did a little pre-ride yesterday. I found enough Garrett County cinder on the paved stuff and ice on the unpaved stuff to keep things fun. I am hoping the rain will wash off and thaw some of it before the ride.
I'm not sure if the state roads dept. use cinders on the roads down your way. Webster defines it as: a sandlike globular particle of burned matter. I've also been told thats what is between my ears. :shrug:
If the sumo ride isn't fun, I'm sure you'll already have had your fill from Granvilles place. :thumbup:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I define it as "If you think ice is slick, watch this - and we'll make it the same color as the road"

I have no doubt it is going to be a fun - fun weekend!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Post by frogman1981 »

Wingfixer wrote:
frogman1981 wrote:I'd like to go, but I don't have all of the required MX gear (chest protector, knee pads, elbow pads, mx style boots).
If I can find a set cheap maybe but. This isn't my regular trail riding gear.
I have a chest protecter you can have for a beer. I have elbow pads, for another beer. I have a spare set of knee pads, for a third beer. And, if you have really small feet I can lone you Kathy's boots, but I have to get them back.
Almost there, I wear a size 10. Does that count as small?
What kind of beer? Colds my favorite.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

frogman1981 wrote:Colds my favorite.

Mine too!!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Wingfixer wrote:
mdubya wrote:I hate to say this, but it is looking like I am out for this event, including the Sunday ride I said I would lead. I am dealing with some back and neck trauma and I will be lucky to be able to drive down to visit, much less ride at this point.

I am sorry. :boohoo:

DAMN dude! That sucks! I hope you are feeling up to at least hanging for a bit on saturday.
I hope so, too. Right now just getting out in my truck to run daily errands is uncomfortable.

I even have delusions of being able to ride down to hang out. Right now I couldn't pull that off, though.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

How's this secret DAMN area hold up with rain? Better or worse? :roost:

Long range forecast looks a bit wet, but with a 50% hit ratio by weathermen :shrug:
Bruce
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

dirtygrunt wrote:How's this secret DAMN area hold up with rain? Better or worse? :roost:

Long range forecast looks a bit wet, but with a 50% hit ratio by weathermen :shrug:
Depends on your idea of fun. And how good your tires are. :deal:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
pschuler

Post by pschuler »

I can't wait. Ordering some new gear tomorrow since I don't have a chest protector or MX specific boots. Anyone riding up from Montgomery County or Frederick? Not sure if I want to ride or drive up.