I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Potomac-Garrett State Forest

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Potomac-Garrett State Forest

Post by Rut Row »

Has anyone ridden the ORV trails at Potomac-Garrett State Forest?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Re: Potomac-Garrett State Forest

Post by TyMarp »

You would have thought I have, since it's in my back yard. I haven't....yet. I've been finding them the past couple weeks. I'll start exploring this week and let you all know what I find.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

TyMarp wrote:You would have thought I have, since it's in my back yard. I haven't....yet. I've been finding them the past couple weeks. I'll start exploring this week and let you all know what I find.
and? :lurker:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Post by TyMarp »

I checked out 4 trails. Very short. Nothing very intresting.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Not worth the gas for us hauling bikes from Frederick or further?

Are they easy enough for supermotos? Maybe we could work some of them into our next Mdubya motard ride.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Bucho wrote:Not worth the gas for us hauling bikes from Frederick or further?

Are they easy enough for supermotos? Maybe we could work some of them into our next Mdubya motard ride.
Tim has been coming up with some really cool local routes, like the one we did the afternoon before the Timberline race. There is an ORV loop near 68 and 219 north that I rode a little bit last year. It was pretty rocky and it was after my Labor Day crash so my confidence wasn't great (nor was my durability for tipping over). I need to get back there on the KTM and see what it is really about.

I have been looking at some routes out near Clarksburg (WV) too. Routes 16 and 18 look awesome on the map. If it would stop raining long enough to do some real exploring, I will find out what those roads are all about.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC