I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

20th Annual Michaux Dual Sport; Sun. 10 Aug. '08

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
SoPaRider
DAMN n00b

20th Annual Michaux Dual Sport; Sun. 10 Aug. '08

Post by SoPaRider »

This event is limited to the first 150 entries received by Tuesday 1 July 2008; e-mail the organizing club's (Michaux Off Road Ethusiasts/M.O.R.E.) contact at markecowater@pa.net to be sure there are still entries available. Info can be found at their web site: http://www.moreclub.org, click on Michaux Dual Sport Event Flyers and then Entry form/FLYER to download or to make a copy of the entry form. The event which is billed as the oldest dual sport run in America, starts at 10:00 A.M. on Sunday 10 August 2008 at the Big Flat ATV parking lot in Michaux State Forest. Directions to the event: starting from U.S. Route 30 (Lincoln Highway) at Caledonia State Park, located between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA, turn north on PA Route 233 (Pine Grove Road) and proceed to Shippensburg Road and turn left (west), followed by a left turn (south) at the Big Flat ATV parking lot on Birch Run Road. The entry fee is $45.00 and includes a 20th Annual Michaux Dual Sport long sleeve t-shirt, Bar-B-Q lunch and ice cream after the event. All bikes must be street legal (plated), with registration and insurance and PA registered bikes must have a valid inspection sticker. The dual sport course is usually layed out with three different choices to choose from depending on the riders abilities with a combination of dirt forest roads, two track and single track trails. This event and a East Coast Enduro Association/(E.C.E.A)/www.ecea.org) enduro held in September are the only times you can legally ride on the trails in Michaux on a motorcycle. I am willing to provide a place to park your ride/rides, camping in my back yard and provide at least some of the food, beverages are your responsibilty, at my home east of Chambersburg, which is located about 15 miles from the Big Flat ATV parking lot, as well as leading pre rides on Saturday the 9th and post rides after the event on the several hundred miles of dirt forest roads in the area to anyone interested. I can also provide info on other camping, lodging and places to eat in the area, contact me here, or at 717-262-1025 or at SoPaRider@Embarqmail.com.

Later,

Jeff

1996 Suzuki DR350SET; 31,000+ miles and counting!

"The rides never long enough!"
drewbird911

Re: 20th Annual Michaux Dual Sport; Sun. 10 Aug. '08

Post by drewbird911 »

Thanks for the Invite. I may have to make a weekend of it? I'll have lots of child care karma (wife leaving me and the kids alone for 10 days in July) Total Noob rider though. Anyone else interested from MoCo / DC area, carpool, caravan up?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Dang - I'll be on my way back from Radisson QE - next year for sure!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
dmar
DAMN Wanabe

Post by dmar »

I may be going. I downloaded the form just need to verify summer plans first. Will more than likely be going .
06 klx250s(300)
04 fz6 sport tour
dmar
DAMN Wanabe

Post by dmar »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:Dang - I'll be on my way back from Radisson QE - next year for sure!
FWIW, who took your avatar pic. :lol8: Oh hold on it was me.
06 klx250s(300)
04 fz6 sport tour
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

dmar wrote:FWIW, who took your avatar pic. :lol8: Oh hold on it was me.
:thumbup: :lol2:

glad I got it done before you decided to charge royalties :nono:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
dmar
DAMN Wanabe

Post by dmar »

Just sent off my pre entry form, hope I made the first 150 list. :)
06 klx250s(300)
04 fz6 sport tour
thisguy

Post by thisguy »

I just receive3d my confirm. They are up to 125 as of today. You should be ok. I think attendance for all events are down this year. If you do want to injure yourself or have a large bike, do not do the Three Stooges option. It was not a lot of fun. I now know what rock garden really means.

Bill
dmar
DAMN Wanabe

Post by dmar »

Anyone else going, I will be riding my bike down rte 30 from york, don't know if I am staying overnight somewhere or riding in early in the morn.
06 klx250s(300)
04 fz6 sport tour
husky4
DAMN Wanabe

Post by husky4 »

Myself and two riding buddies are coming from Cumberland on Sat. camping overnight. anybody know of any good restaurants close by?