I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

20th Annual Michaux Dual Sport; Sun. 10 Aug. '08

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
dmar
DAMN Wanabe

Re: 20th Annual Michaux Dual Sport; Sun. 10 Aug. '08

Post by dmar »

If anyone is driving a trailer or truck down can you bring a couple of extra gallons of fuel and maybe a place to put my backpack during the ride. I will pay you for the fuel. I will be riding my bike and can't bring fuel.
06 klx250s(300)
04 fz6 sport tour
drewbird911

Post by drewbird911 »

Wuss'n Out! Need to find a local practice area. :whoop: Good luck All who are going! :thumbsup:
Franco

Post by Franco »

The Michaux Dual Sport was a blast to ride but what was the deal on the one trail through the woods during the first half of the ride? It was nothing but a bunch of arrows placed on trees and there was no trail at all. We were running down saplings and mountain laurel... it was terrible. It looked like someone was drunk and just staggered through the woods just putting arrows anywhere.

I guess they wanted the a 150 riders to make a trail for them. Other than that atrocious "trail", the ride was great. See you again next year.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Franco,

Are you referring to what I belive was the second option of the day and was rated a "C"? We ran the first "B" option and enjoyed that so we thought the C would be just as fun but easier. Well we were riding close to sweep and after tons of bikes had churned up the decomposing leaves and woods dirt on top of all the rocks, this trail was like riding on ice for us. There was one little 50' hill section where nobody could get up. It took us like half an hour get the last 10 or so bikes up, pushing them the whole way. Other than that, I agree, a great ride!

Jay