I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hammer Run - 11/6 & 11/7/2010

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Re: Hammer Run - 11/6 & 11/7/2010

Post by Hare »

here is what Marc found when he pulled the tank on his KTM 450 EXC anybody heard of problems like this?

and thanks for stopping to check on us Biffer!
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Bucho wrote:Day One was great. The first hero section of the day was a favorite w/ many people, (myself included). Was single track w/ a short but very steep little hill w/ only about 5 feet on top and then down an equally steep down hill, then maybe a very short distance sometimes only about 5 bike lengths and then another hill. And that repeated about 30 times. With two of the hills tall enough to be considered real hillclimbs. It was practically mountainous for NJ.
My other big memory of the day was bopping along and spotting a bike stopped on the side of the road. I think it was one of the larger Huskys or maybe a Berg. The guy had his girlfriend/wife riding on the back. He pulled out a little in front of me and started down the trail. I was thinking to myself, "I'll catch this guy and pass him pretty quick!". Yet, oddly enough the guy is steadily pulling away from me and very quickly is out of sight. I start riding about as fast as I can, but no luck. The guy is gone!
I later find out its Mike Lafferty w/ his wife on the back. I was glad to find that out, so I don't have to feel quite so pathetic.
Great day though. I can't wait for tomorrow.

Ok Bucho, I can't resist. :brows: How many people would Mike Lafferty need to be carrying on his bike to slow him down enought for you to catch him? 3 up? 4 up? :poser:

Don't feel bad, what ever your number of people is , I probably need to add 2 more people to that number for me to catch him. :thumbup:
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

trialsrider wrote:
Bucho wrote:Day One was great. The first hero section of the day was a favorite w/ many people, (myself included). Was single track w/ a short but very steep little hill w/ only about 5 feet on top and then down an equally steep down hill, then maybe a very short distance sometimes only about 5 bike lengths and then another hill. And that repeated about 30 times. With two of the hills tall enough to be considered real hillclimbs. It was practically mountainous for NJ.
My other big memory of the day was bopping along and spotting a bike stopped on the side of the road. I think it was one of the larger Huskys or maybe a Berg. The guy had his girlfriend/wife riding on the back. He pulled out a little in front of me and started down the trail. I was thinking to myself, "I'll catch this guy and pass him pretty quick!". Yet, oddly enough the guy is steadily pulling away from me and very quickly is out of sight. I start riding about as fast as I can, but no luck. The guy is gone!
I later find out its Mike Lafferty w/ his wife on the back. I was glad to find that out, so I don't have to feel quite so pathetic.

Ok Bucho, I can't resist. :brows: How many people would Mike Lafferty need to be carrying on his bike to slow him down enought for you to catch him? 3 up? 4 up? :poser:

Don't feel bad, what ever your number of people is , I probably need to add 2 more people to that number for me to catch him. :thumbup:

Ohhh Nooooo, you are a Berg rider now............
I expect to see more of this :roost: :whoop: :ride:
And less of this :knary:
OBTW, where were you :amazon:
Epic is all I can say about the ride, anyone that missed it sure screwed up :fitz:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Motoranch
DAMN n00b

Post by Motoranch »

Hare wrote:here is what Marc found when he pulled the tank on his KTM 450 EXC anybody heard of problems like this?

and thanks for stopping to check on us Biffer!
Common problem on the rfs motors do a search on ktm talk. Thanks to them I replaced mine before it broke. There is a axial play adjustment to check and case hardend bolts to solve the problem easy fix but scares the crap out of you when you first see it! Good luck with the repair.
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Post by RadioRyder »

Here is the 1st video I've seen of the Hammer Run this year from ThumperTalk, Michael Kennedy of North Carolina. It is 28 minutes long so sit back and enjoy :lurker:

06 Suzuki DR-Z400S
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Boom Boom wrote:
trialsrider wrote:

Ohhh Nooooo, you are a Berg rider now............
I expect to see more of this :roost: :whoop: :ride:
And less of this :knary:
OBTW, where were you :amazon:
Epic is all I can say about the ride, anyone that missed it sure screwed up :fitz:

Boom Boom I will still be :knary: I am like you used to be. I have too many bikes. I get tired from just starting and ridering them all, let alone Epic rides.

I wish I could of been there (except for that water hole in the photos), but work was more important this weekend.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

RadioRyder wrote:Here is the 1st video I've seen of the Hammer Run this year from ThumperTalk, Michael Kennedy of North Carolina. It is 28 minutes long so sit back and enjoy :lurker:

Thats me on the 525 (tractor) :roost:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Stinson wrote:Thats me on the 525 (tractor) :roost:
I was wondering about that - and DAMN glad to see the DAMN Banner prominently featured! :loveit:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

RadioRyder wrote:Here is the 1st video I've seen of the Hammer Run this year from ThumperTalk, Michael Kennedy of North Carolina. It is 28 minutes long so sit back and enjoy :lurker:

Good stuff.............
Any video from Sunday?????
That fast flowing section on Sunday was just EPIC :loveit: , sure could use a little video fix of that section.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

I had a GREAT time - BUT I'm definitely paying the price!!! I was hobbling around and groaning at home Monday and during my flight/trip to California Tuesday.

I did my first of several major crashes in front of most of the DAMN group on the first big downhill when I got off the line and hit a tree about half way down - smashing my headlight and putting a MAJOR bruise on my right thigh in the process. I then had about 3 more serious encounters with trees - each of which added to the thigh bruise to the point that I could barely kick start the bike! I went down 3 times in the first 100 feet in the big sand pit (forgot you're supposed to get BACK on the bike) DUH! I also did about 15 lay-downs several of which ended up with me under the bike. Since I'm old and fat I rarely stand anyway - but with the thigh bruise I was sitting down over all of the whoops so my butt was getting "hammered". So by the time I made it to the end the day I was READY for the nice hot hotel bath soak!

Day 2 I was really sore from the bruises and tired from picking up the bike many times - but things were going pretty well until I ran into a tree and got so tangled in it that it took a 20 minute struggle to get the bike free. That, plus riding at pace slower than even my usual slow-old-guy pace, got me so late that by the time I got to the last gas stop they made those of us still riding take the pavement back. That was disappointing because I don't like to quit if I'm still alive :>(

BUT I HAD A GREAT TIME and will be looking forward to NEXT YEAR!

As always the DAMN guys are the best!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike