I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hammer Run - 11/6 & 11/7/2010

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Re: Hammer Run - 11/6 & 11/7/2010

Post by Junior »

So i lost bobby at some point. I had no ideal what happened? Then i heard about this!!!
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Now THAT is a Golden Snorkel Awardee if I've ever seen one! :poser:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

Well I'm glad I didn't let Grady talk me into trying to hydroplane that thing! I was so close to giving it a go...glad I didn't.

Phil and I rode as fast as I could go all day Sunday and still didn't get back until 3pm. I was pretty worn out by the end of it all...can't imagine I would have finished in time if we didn't ride out butts off with no stops.

That ride is my new favorite. By far the toughest dual-sport I've attended but also the best. Well marked, great trails, no road, plenty of riding, and about 20 DAMN dudes representing. I'll be there next year for sure. Good to see you all again, probably my last ride for the year so I'll catch you again when the weather warms back up (unless of course there is something I can't miss in the mean time).
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I know you really didn't have time for the BiffCam, but the hills on Saturday would have made a killer video.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Post by RadioRyder »

First off it was great meeting a lot of the DAMN riders and had great fun hanging, drinkin, and joking. :cheers:

The ride was fun but tough for my first big event. I loved the hills, and think I could've swung back around and done them again, but then that would have been it for me. I only wrecked good once on the down side of one of the big hills and broke my right hand guard. I did topple over in sand and a couple places I couldn't get my footing about 5 or 6 times, and got tired of picking the drz up off the ground. :knary: That killed my lower back.

One thing I will never do on a technical track again is wear under armour pants, shirt, hood, and gloves under my gear. I lost a lot of fluids sweating my ass off in the beginning and got the gloves and hood off at my first rest. I had a hydration pack, but it was too late, cramping set in and my clutch hand was locking up. :boohoo:

Lots of fun and lessons learned. I will be better prepared for next year!
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RadioRyder wrote:{snip}... cramping set in and my clutch hand was locking up. :boohoo:
That reminds me... did I say just HOW MUCH I loved my Rekluse? :hug:
Ken
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

I snapped a couple...

Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com
dak
DAMN Expert

Post by dak »

Good morning riders,
Thank you for letting me ride with you all, sorry I was slow but this was only my second time dirt/dual sport riding. Hope to see you all at the next Ride.
DAK
DAK BMW G450X RIDER
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Had a great time riding with everyone this weekend. Made me realize I need to ride more and work on my conditioning. I seem to start strong, but can never maintain the whole ride. DAK you rode great! You seemed to have improved as the day went on. You were hanging right with us once you got warmed up.
RimBenty
DAMN n00b

Post by RimBenty »

I had a great time this weekend and I’d like to thank you DAMN guys (& gals) for putting up with me this weekend. :freakey:

My plan was to take it easy on Saturday in order to save up my energy for Sunday so I took the first big bike bailout on Saturday. That lasted about ten minutes and I decided to backtrack to the trail. I missed the first hero section but made it to the Wawa for the famous flooded railroad bed and ended up riding the rest of the trail by myself because I couldn’t find anyone. I thought everyone was in front of me so I kept rolling all day without stopping except for the lunch break, gas and quick glances for someone I recognized when I saw groups of people along the trail.

Sunday started out good but the last 20 or 30 minutes I was pretty much done. I caught up with Sallydog and Bob at the first gas stop and road with them the rest of the day. After the snack stop I was getting tired and started making mistakes and that was using up even more energy then, after the last gas stop I clipped a couple of trees in the tight stuff and went down twice, that and the whoops pretty much finished me off. So much for saving my energy.

Yep, I’ll be back next year to get hammered again! :thumbup: