I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hammer Run - 11/6 & 11/7/2010

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Hammer Run - 11/6 & 11/7/2010

Post by Rut Row »

husky123 wrote:Not that bad!

Here's my story....just before the Hammer Run I got the bright idea to put those big ass Easton bars (1 3/8") on my Husky 510. Problem was that NO ONE and I mean no one at the time made full wrap handguards to fit them. Sooooo, I elected, for the first time in my life, to go with flag style guards. I got the EE ones, very nice and stout.

So there we were...doing it. Hammering this nice flowing single track through some pines and WHAMMO! I hit a tree and broke my left pinky. Now you'd think, huh, just a little, iddy biddy pinky....no big deal. It was a long painful ride solo back to the truck. Fortunately it happened about 2/3 of the way into the route.

What'd my "buddies" do? They just rode on without out me.....bastards. JK, I told them to go on. No sense in my wussness holding them back. Plus it's the Hammer Run. Your riding buddy would basically have to be dead to miss that luscious trail.

Oh and thanks for stopping and giggling Mike. I love those pick me ups! :thumbup:
:huh: not much of a story - didn't start with "No shit, there I was..." :lol2:

btw, how did you like the Highway Dirt Bike handguards on the H?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
husky123

Post by husky123 »

Love the HDB stuff!
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

husky123 wrote:Not that bad!

Here's my story....just before the Hammer Run I got the bright idea to put those big ass Easton bars (1 3/8") on my Husky 510. Problem was that NO ONE and I mean no one at the time made full wrap handguards to fit them. Sooooo, I elected, for the first time in my life, to go with flag style guards. I got the EE ones, very nice and stout.

So there we were...doing it. Hammering this nice flowing single track through some pines and WHAMMO! I hit a tree and broke my left pinky. Now you'd think, huh, just a little, iddy biddy pinky....no big deal. It was a long painful ride solo back to the truck. Fortunately it happened about 2/3 of the way into the route.

What'd my "buddies" do? They just rode on without out me.....bastards. JK, I told them to go on. No sense in my wussness holding them back. Plus it's the Hammer Run. Your riding buddy would basically have to be dead to miss that luscious trail.

Oh and thanks for stopping and giggling Mike. I love those pick me ups! :thumbup:
All that bark missing, I thought some beaver went crazy and started working trees over.
I was happy to see it was just you giving your wanna-be handguards a work out :harhar:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Hammer Run Lodging(for us candy asses that enjoy a hot shower)
http://book.new-jersey-hotels.org/hotel ... xpand=true
I just booked lodging here.
Large parking lot for trailers
24-hour Denny's next door
Best prices I found available.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

yabut... no cancelation and no refund policy. Pay now and lose your money if the :hitsthefan: :dry:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Oh well, gotta live on the edge once in a while :amazon:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Mailed my check and registration out today, so I guess I'm officially in.
I have to get at least one NJ trip in this year.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Ah DAMNit, thanks for reminding me, mine will be going in today as well.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

I'm 90% out. College boy activities have $tarted full force already this semester are likely to have taken over my life and finances by then. :peep: :freakey: :angel: :censored:
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
RimBenty
DAMN n00b

Post by RimBenty »

Well, the planets have aligned with the moon and I finagled a kitchen pass. :rickey: Must have had something to do with the new floor in the basement. :brows:

Put me on the list to get hammered. I guess I’ll fill in for Skierd if he doesn’t make it.