I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mountain Ridge, June 17th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Mountain Ridge, June 17th

Post by Bucho »

I started a new thread for this so nobody gets confused w/ Dirtygrunt's weekend ride

Mountain Ridge Trails on Thursday the 17th of June. It looks like it will be $15 to ride for the day. I'm not big on paying to ride, but they have over a hundred miles of trails, from easy, to moderate, to holy rocks! Two years ago we had a blast tearing up the place for a day.
This is about 2 hours from Frederick. Reels Corner is the little bitty "town" right next this place if you want to check your maps and see how far away it is for you. This is very close to the Flight 93 memorial if anyone wants to stop by there on the way home Thursday.
If anyone else is interested, Wingfixer and I are going to show up Wed evening to campout.
I have a buddy from work coming on a new to him DRZ400, so if any other offroad novices are shy about coming, you wont be the only one who sucks.

The List so far is
Bucho (and Dozer)
Wingfixer (+ Godzilla)
Smith
Trialsrider
Mdubya
Restukey
Jeff from ADVrider
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Re: Mountain Ridge, June 17th

Post by trialsrider »

In
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

All right Trialsrider!
This would be a fun ride on any of your bikes, but you don't need a tag so you can bring your 200 if you want.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

I'm in i alread took off work. I think grady is coming up with me also.I would like to try to come up wensday will see. :thumbup:
Here's two pics from when myself,401Dan and pinkzu went up to ride we had a good time I'm looking forward to this.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I'm in as long as I can get this screw removed before the 17th. Shouldn't be a problem, I have to make the appointment this week. And I'm also down for going up on Wednesday to camp.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I am in. This is a really fun place to ride, at least it was last time I was there. There are some great, twisty trails through pines, some fun, relatively easy hill climbs and descents, and some fairly gnarly stuff in the woods.

Phil, what gear were you stuck in when we made you come through the rocks and mud bogs?

BTW-I brought home a nice concussion last time out there. Haven't been the same since. :screwy:

:whoop: :roost: :whoop: :roost: :whoop: :roost:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

in....
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
restukey
DAMN Expert

Post by restukey »

In... .. .
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

mdubya wrote: Phil, what gear were you stuck in when we made you come through the rocks and mud bogs?
:
My problem wasn't the shifting. It was my dead battery, w/ no kickstart. My DR had the stock gearing which is super tall for real offroading and I was afraid to stall.
Its tough to bumpstart when there is no flat ground and only football sized stones and mud bogs.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Bucho wrote:
mdubya wrote: Phil, what gear were you stuck in when we made you come through the rocks and mud bogs?
:
My problem wasn't the shifting. It was my dead battery, w/ no kickstart. My DR had the stock gearing which is super tall for real offroading and I was afraid to stall.
Its tough to bumpstart when there is no flat ground and only football sized stones and mud bogs.
Ah yes. Will you be running proper gearing and a fully charged battery on the 17th?

:ride:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC