I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BARBARA FRITCHIE CLASSIC MOTORCYCLE RACE

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Date: July 6, 2008
Hours: 2pm
Description: The annual Barbara Fritchie classic motorcycle race. This is an AMA national hot shoe event.
Location: Frederick Fairgrounds, 797 E. Patrick St., Frederick

Ahem... should the D.A.M.N.ed assemble, swill some beers and watch the race? :deal:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Teethgrinder

Re: BARBARA FRITCHIE CLASSIC MOTORCYCLE RACE

Post by Teethgrinder »

Hard to justify not doing so when you combine; classic, motorcycle, beer, and Frederick.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

What kind of racing is it?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Bucho wrote:What kind of racing is it?
Flat track.

It is the oldest continuing race in the US.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

I'd like to go but I'll be at work that day. I'm gonna try and catch the flat trackers at Bedford, PA on Friday, June 27th. The plan is to watch the flat track races Friday night, stay overnight in Bedford and then ride Saturday at Mountain Ridge, a large private off-road riding area near Reels Corner, PA. If anyone is interested, send me an email/PM.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I've never seen flattrack racing in person. I'd like to go but I'm working. 2pm is pretty early to get up for.
Will there also be a dirt TT?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:I'd like to go but I'll be at work that day. I'm gonna try and catch the flat trackers at Bedford, PA on Friday, June 27th. The plan is to watch the flat track races Friday night, stay overnight in Bedford and then ride Saturday at Mountain Ridge, a large private off-road riding area near Reels Corner, PA. If anyone is interested, send me an email/PM.
Hmmm... a big maybe.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Some cool photos of the Barbara Fritchie race in this thread on ADV:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345251
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

man, this one sure looks like RRob when he's in SM mode! :thumbup:

Ken
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:man, this one sure looks like RRob when he's in SM mode! :thumbup:
Ha ha! Yeah, I wish...

I was just reading up a little on the AMA Flat Track Series. The main series is divided into two classes: GNC Singles for smaller tracks and GNC Twins for the half-mile and larger tracks. The Hot Shoe series is a developmental series for young riders to gain expierience before moving up to GNC.

The Hot Shoe Series will be in Frederick, MD on July 6th and then Winchester, VA on July 27th.

The GNC Twins, the big boys, will be in Bedford, PA on June 27th and in Hagerstown, MD on July 26th.

(BTW, Bedford, PA is about 20 miles north of Cumberland, MD)

These four dates look to be our best chance of watching some flat track racing locally. Let's go!

http://www.amaflattrack.com

I can't make it to either of the Hot Shoe events because of work but I'm definately going to the Bedford race. "BoomBoom" from ADVRider/KTM Talk invited me to tag along to Bedford and then ride dirt bikes at Mountain Ridge the next day. He extended the invitation to the DAMN crew as well. :thumbup:

http://www.bedfordspeedway.com
Rob

XR650L