I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BARBARA FRITCHIE CLASSIC MOTORCYCLE RACE

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: BARBARA FRITCHIE CLASSIC MOTORCYCLE RACE

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:The Hot Shoe Series will be in Frederick, MD on July 6th and then Winchester, VA on July 27th.
Maybe July 6th. I'm headed to Canada on July 26th
RRob wrote:The GNC Twins, the big boys, will be in Bedford, PA on June 27th and in Hagerstown, MD on July 26th.
Maybe June 27th - as mentioned above, Canada calls on the 26th.
RRob wrote:These four dates look to be our best chance of watching some flat track racing locally. Let's go!
I'm a definite, absolute maybe! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I **highly** recommend watching flat track racing. IMHO, it's the most under-valued pro racing in the world.

The guys that do this are wildly skilled (that picture says it all) the machines are pretty sophisticated (the better frames are adjustable for everything - rake, trail, and swing arm pivot) and the motors are highly developed (at the pro level, they use a minimum of 2 motors every weekend - one for practice, and one for qualifying and the race, after which they are used up -- as in literally moments from blowing up -- and need to be rebuilt).

What's amazing to me is that the factory HD team shows up in the back of a rented U-Haul and sets up under an E-Z Up. No team-painted semi, no hospitality suite, no energy drink sponsors, no TV coverage.

The big track, twins event is cool and *very* fast, but the Barbara Fritchie Classic with the singles is a more spectator-friendly event. They're different enough that a person should see both.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I'm pretty sure I'll be there on the 6th to check out the racing.
I'll probably be there with the whole family, so riding is out.
But let me know as the time comes closer if anyone else is going.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

it is coming up fast - who is going?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I'll be there, possible the wife and kid as well.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Everybody here is a POSER! The 450 pro class was won by a blonde! That girl left 'em in the dirt! :roost:

Had a great time - way too many Hardleys in the parking lot though :lol8:
Ken
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Ya, that chick would have whupped us pretty good. Not that I didn't like the big bikes, but I really enjoyed the 450 races.
Was pretty cool, I've never seen that in person before. Way better than on TV. Hopefully I can have Caleb racing in the 50cc class in about 5 years. Ken wants to sponser him w/ a KTM50sx.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Hopefully I can have Caleb racing in the 50cc class in about 5 years. Ken wants to sponser him w/ a KTM50sx.
DAMN Rider Racing jerseys too! :whoop:
Ken
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

That's really cool to see Al Wilcox. He was the official WERA flagman on the starts for many years. He's quite a character, and I've often said someone should write his biography.