I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Dirty Dabbers June 5/6 2010 - Mill Hall, PA

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
skierd
DAMN Expert

Re: Dirty Dabbers June 5/6 2010 - Mill Hall, PA

Post by skierd »

jr-n-the mule wrote:
skierd wrote:Starting to think about putting my skirt on and asking for a ride up to Mill Hall... :peep: Going up isn't as much of an issue, but coming home would be, not thinking that getting my ass kicked on the trails for the second day in a row then a ~175 mile ride back to Baltimore is a good idea especially if the 2nd day crossing goes as well for me as the Town Creek fords. :target: Anyone got room on a trailer?
Hey skierd, I have room on my trailer. I can get 2-3 bikes maybe four bikes on it. I`m do`n both days and going up friday nite. Your more then welcome.
When are you leaving on Friday?
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Looks like I'm still out for this one. Doc says I can return to normal activity now, but nothing that causes repetitive impact or vibration to my foot (well than thats not normal activity then, is it?). He sad no running, jogging, or jumping. I tried saying that luckily I have I bike so I don't need to run, jog or jump, I just ride :whoop:. He's afraid I'm going to break the screw between the joint, which will lead to another intrusive surgery. I don't consider riding as being constant impact to my feet, but I guess it's not worth the risk, I've come this far, why risk it now. I have been out of the game since the end of January, so whats another three or four weeks. As of right now, as long as I can get this screw taken out before the 17th of June, I'm in for Mountain ridge. :ride: No good deed goes unpunished, but this is getting ridiculous. 25% of my year has already been a waste, things better start looking up soon. Wife is due July 8, so at least I have something to look forward to. Future riding opportunities may be slim once our daughter is here, but I plan on riding my ass off every chance I get. Not being able to ride over the winter didn't bother me that much, but now that it's spring, I'm going nuts. :wallbash: I just can't wait to get back out there and join in the fun with the rest of you DAMN guys!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

That sucks Grady. I know thats got to be killing you, but its probably best not to risk it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Grady wrote:I just can't wait to get back out there and join in the fun with the rest of you DAMN guys!
I'm with Bucho - be safe not sorry - and think twice before you kick somebody's ass! :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Grady, they also run the ADV route.
You still get to see some great sights and hang around for a couple cold ones. :thumbup:
Step up the gearing on the 510 or I can bring my 650L for you to do the ADV route on. :ride:
I do agree skipping the DS route would be in your best interest.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Trials tires anyone?

Post by Rut Row »

How many will have their trusty steed shod with trials tires? Boom Boom convinced me to get a MT 43 for the KTM.

Looking forward to seeing if it can overcome lack of skill :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Now that might be an option :thumbup: Depending on the mileage though, the 510 seat isn't known for its comfort. I'll have to see if the sprockets are the same for the 510 as the 610. If so, I have a few different ones, otherwise I'll have to order one. Is the ADV route dirt roads and stuff, no rocky single track?
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

My 450 is down for repairs, not sure I will have the part I need in time. So might have to do this with my ktm 200 w/ trials tire. Hope I don't run out of gas? :huh:
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Grady wrote:Now that might be an option :thumbup: Depending on the mileage though, the 510 seat isn't known for its comfort. I'll have to see if the sprockets are the same for the 510 as the 610. If so, I have a few different ones, otherwise I'll have to order one. Is the ADV route dirt roads and stuff, no rocky single track?
you are being sucked into the Dirt Side - don't do it! You will be too weak to resist the dirt force and will run a little rock section, then a longer one until you have been lost and will be running all the options!
Ken
Louge

Post by Louge »

Grady wrote:Now that might be an option :thumbup: Depending on the mileage though, the 510 seat isn't known for its comfort. I'll have to see if the sprockets are the same for the 510 as the 610. If so, I have a few different ones, otherwise I'll have to order one. Is the ADV route dirt roads and stuff, no rocky single track?
Dale Hunter over on TT created an Excel-lent 510 gearing spreadsheet.
Substitute different values in the yellow cells.
http://www.dhunter-engineering.com/Husk ... earing.xls