I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

ADV Eastern Rendezvous-report-sort of

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

ADV Eastern Rendezvous-report-sort of

Post by mdubya »

RRob, Louge, and I attended the ADVrider Eastern Rendezvous Rally this past weekend; drove down Thursday, rode all day Friday and Saturday, drove home Sunday. Lou reserved us a river front cabin, more of a tree house really. We packed the espresso maker, bikes and riding gear. Accomodations were close quartered, cozy, and surprisingly comfortable. We partook in a huge dual sport dirt roads ride on Friday, 30-some riders. We wound back and forth over the Smokey Mountains along the NC/TN border on road after road after road. We were lead to several really cool spots and over looks. The roads ranged from simple dirt and gravel to much more rugged dirt and bedrock only roads. It didn't take long for the DAMN contingent to establish themselves at the front of the pack, egging the ride leaders on with irresponsible behaviour; many wheelies, slides, and full on dirt tracking corner exits. Did I mention we took the espresso maker? We did all we could to push the pace, but, alas, the guides had 30 some riders to keep track of. We met some really cool people on the ride though.

Saturday we got up for a hard core dual sport/trail ride lead by Yanni who runs a dual sport ride guide business locally. The ride ranged from incredible scenery, to challenging trails, to off road carnage, to the best little section of paved road in existence-anywhere-ever. We are talking outrageous lean angles and backing it in and spinning it up on corner exit-on freaking knobbies! :screwy: :ride: :bow:

Here is a link to the ADV page with Yanni's photos and ride reports. We started the day with 17 bikes. Yanni and 4 others (including Lou) finshed the ride, followed closely by 3 more (including me) who got lost in the last few miles of the ride. We were only a few minutes behind the first 5.

Link: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthre ... 01&page=60

We really enjoyed the riding and the area. Met some real characters and some really good people. You can find a bunch of photos of all sorts of folishness that went down besides the riding, but we were really there for the riding. RRob did start a few new ADV legends while he was there though. :lol2:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
RRob
DAMN Expert

Re: ADV Eastern Rendezvous-report-sort of

Post by RRob »

Yep, the riding around Hot Springs is top notch and apparently I didn't even get to see the really good stuff before I broke my foot. I'm here at Winchester Medical Center for the next few days while they administer intravenous antibiotics. According to the doctor, open heel fractures are a big deal. Because blood circulation is so low in the heel, the risk of infection is very high. gotta go.
Rob

XR650L
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

RRob wrote:Yep, the riding around Hot Springs is top notch and apparently I didn't even get to see the really good stuff before I broke my foot. I'm here at Winchester Medical Center for the next few days while they administer intravenous antibiotics. According to the doctor, open heel fractures are a big deal. Because blood circulation is so low in the heel, the risk of infection is very high. gotta go.
DAMN! Let me know if you need anything. Are they treating you well? How long to heel (yuk, yuk) up?
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
restukey
DAMN Expert

Post by restukey »

RRob,
Did they give you anything for the pain? If so, cheers. :cheers:
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Hey, Rob -- if you need anything, give me a holler.

What the hell did you do to yourself?
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Thanks guys. It's gonna suck not being able to walk for six weeks but for now I'm living the high life here at the hospital: single room, comfy bed, high def TV, high speed internet, on demand movies, on demand morphine, plenty of young hotties in scrubs taking care of (almost) my every need. Seriously, I'm having a good time here.
Rob

XR650L
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

DAMN - you do EVERYTHING in style!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

How long are you in there for?
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

It occurs to me this ought to be on heck of a story. How does one break their heal whilst wearing motocross boots?

I'll help get you started, "No shit, there I was..."
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

+1 Inquiring minds want to know.

Your hospital sounds way nicer than any hospital I've ever been in.