I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sunday Morning Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Sunday Morning Ride

Post by the dude himself »

Nothing too long, I figure an hour or two of putting around the Gambrill and Catoctin State Parks, sticking to pavement and well groomed gravel.

I'd have to start/leave early, heading back home NLT 11am?

Any takers?
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Re: Sunday Morning Ride

Post by 21783mike »

the dude himself wrote:Nothing too long, I figure an hour or two of putting around the Gambrill and Catoctin State Parks, sticking to pavement and well groomed gravel.

Any takers?

Maybe, I have to be at Battleys in Gaithersburg at 11:30 for a club meeting so maybe ride early and head eastward around 10-10:30. Weather forecast isn't looking real good for the weekend right now, not that riding in the rain bothers me much, just don't like interstates much when it's raining hard.... might need to find some alternative roads to get down there.
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'm a definite maybe - depends on whether or not I can master the art of chain breaking and installation :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike »

Kyler wrote:I'm a definite maybe - depends on whether or not I can master the art of chain breaking and installation :brows:

Let me know if you need the tools, got them here. I could run over and we could knock that out friday or sat.
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

I am a maybe - definite; depends on if it raining like they are calling for...

Can you post up a time and place to meet and I'll see you there if I am going to be there.....
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

21783mike wrote:
the dude himself wrote:Nothing too long, I figure an hour or two of putting around the Gambrill and Catoctin State Parks, sticking to pavement and well groomed gravel.

Any takers?

Maybe, I have to be at Battleys in Gaithersburg at 11:30 for a club meeting so maybe ride early and head eastward around 10-10:30. Weather forecast isn't looking real good for the weekend right now, not that riding in the rain bothers me much, just don't like interstates much when it's raining hard.... might need to find some alternative roads to get down there.
I live 10 minutes from Battleys, and need to be home around the same time, so that should work out.

Anyone with local knowledge want to lead this ride? Otherwise, it'll be Jason-esque. I have Google Maps and a compass, and can plan out a ride, but I cant be accountable for road conditions - I haven't been up that way in a while.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'm a definite maybe - wife is making noses about getting out and since I'll be quaffing beers all day Sat with the DAMN guys I might have to forgo Sunday.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

the dude himself wrote:
21783mike wrote:

Any takers?

I live 10 minutes from Battleys, and need to be home around the same time, so that should work out.

Anyone with local knowledge want to lead this ride? Otherwise, it'll be Jason-esque. I have Google Maps and a compass, and can plan out a ride, but I cant be accountable for road conditions - I haven't been up that way in a while.
:dirtdog:
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Kyler wrote:I'm a definite maybe - wife is making noses about getting out and since I'll be quaffing beers all day Sat with the DAMN guys I might have to forgo Sunday.
Keep her up all night, then sneak out early.
hondahawkrider wrote: :dirtdog:
What?! Those are the best kind of adventures!
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Count me as a definite maybe. DirtyGirl has a thing saturday night so it depends how late that goes. I also would need to be back somewhat early. Like gzj said, post a time and place and if I'm there I'm there.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.