Sandy Lane Enduro - March 21st

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 9272
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

Sandy Lane Enduro - March 21st

Post by Rut Row » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:50 pm

http://www.meteormc.com/

Rumor has it that the Sandy lane is one of the easiest enduros. Anyone going?
Ken
2016 EM Sport Electric Trials :drool:
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 1223
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:19 am
Contact:

Re: Sandy Lane Enduro - March 21st

Post by Firebolter » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:36 pm

I've run it the last 2 years, not overly hard, but it is the typical south Jersey sand washes and whooped out fire breaks.
Lots of cool bikes---

CapoGreg

Re: Sandy Lane Enduro - March 21st

Post by CapoGreg » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:33 pm

I'd like to start riding some enduros, but don't have a suitable bike or money to buy one right now. Maybe once the DT is tagged and running.

User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 9272
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: Sandy Lane Enduro - March 21st

Post by Rut Row » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:40 pm

I'm testing the waters with the beloved spousal unit - might go

I've heard that brother Hare will be there.
Ken
2016 EM Sport Electric Trials :drool:
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

User avatar
Hare
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Sandy Lane Enduro - March 21st

Post by Hare » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Kyler wrote:I'm testing the waters with the beloved spousal unit - might go

I've heard that brother Hare will be there.

get enough to fill a line and i will switch from pitting to riding, we can sign up Sunday


We can sign up that day and all ride on the same minute. That will keep us pretty together throughout the day. No pressure we can ride this one for fun, lined up in the way back we shouldnt have anybody passing. Really theres no need for roll charts, computers ect unless you want.

User avatar
shooom
DAMN n00b
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Sandy Lane Enduro - March 21st

Post by shooom » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:26 pm

I've never entered an enduro? What is involved? I'm definitely interested in attending if I can tag along with you fine DAMN riders.
KX250F

User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 9272
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: Sandy Lane Enduro - March 21st

Post by Rut Row » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:31 am

Hare wrote:get enough to fill a line and i will switch from pitting to riding, we can sign up Sunday
How many does it take to fill a line?
Ken
2016 EM Sport Electric Trials :drool:
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

User avatar
Hare
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Sandy Lane Enduro - March 21st

Post by Hare » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:59 am

Its 5 riders per row, and if we have enough interest we can have 2 rows, 3 rows and so on. Only bad part about being in the back is that the course will be a bit beaten up. Good part is the easier ways around will be well established. We should have a pit truck to follow us around with tools tires, snacks, ect, i dont even carry tools, just water.

theres not much to it, a street legal, insured bike, driver license, riding gear, AMA card, waterpack. Ride light, lighter the better, no need to wear 4 layers or to carry a bunch of extra stuff, it will be a tight trail work out in some sections followed by an open road bake, then back into the woods, great stuff back and forth all day.


These rides favor the lighter bikes, 450s and under are fine. you can do it on a 650 but I wouldnt want to, its a chore. Otherwise I love Jersey, just put the bike in the slot and turn it on, it will definately improve your skills no matter what level.

If you never rode an enduro before they get you to fill out a "test" at sign up, a test which you can not fail. they have it on the ECEA website, http://www.ecea.org/info/eceatest.pdf http://www.ecea.org/info/ecea_statement ... bility.pdf , its the same exact easy questions, they just want to make sure you understand basic common sense riding concepts like don't turn around and ride backwarsds on the course!!! DOH!

It doesnt cost anything to join the ECEA and one time last a lifetime. Also if not already you should support and join our local District 7 for Enduros (dual sport, Harescrambles too). You need AMA membership and can get it at sign up too.

User avatar
biffer99
DAMN Expert
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:33 am
Contact:

Re: Sandy Lane Enduro - March 21st

Post by biffer99 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:32 am

Won't be back in time to get the WR plated by then. I am still planning on entering several this year and with all the info that Hare has helped out with, it should be a good time! I'll be at the next one with ya Ken...just can't make it back in time for this one. Let me know how it goes. Oh, plus I have to get a DAMN jersey first (just saw that those are done - fantastic job)!
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com

User avatar
shooom
DAMN n00b
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Sandy Lane Enduro - March 21st

Post by shooom » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:44 pm

Thanks for the info.
Sounds like a blast!
Hare wrote:Its 5 riders per row, and if we have enough interest we can have 2 rows, 3 rows and so on. Only bad part about being in the back is that the course will be a bit beaten up. Good part is the easier ways around will be well established. We should have a pit truck to follow us around with tools tires, snacks, ect, i dont even carry tools, just water.

theres not much to it, a street legal, insured bike, driver license, riding gear, AMA card, waterpack. Ride light, lighter the better, no need to wear 4 layers or to carry a bunch of extra stuff, it will be a tight trail work out in some sections followed by an open road bake, then back into the woods, great stuff back and forth all day.


These rides favor the lighter bikes, 450s and under are fine. you can do it on a 650 but I wouldnt want to, its a chore. Otherwise I love Jersey, just put the bike in the slot and turn it on, it will definately improve your skills no matter what level.

If you never rode an enduro before they get you to fill out a "test" at sign up, a test which you can not fail. they have it on the ECEA website, http://www.ecea.org/info/eceatest.pdf http://www.ecea.org/info/ecea_statement ... bility.pdf , its the same exact easy questions, they just want to make sure you understand basic common sense riding concepts like don't turn around and ride backwarsds on the course!!! DOH!

It doesnt cost anything to join the ECEA and one time last a lifetime. Also if not already you should support and join our local District 7 for Enduros (dual sport, Harescrambles too). You need AMA membership and can get it at sign up too.
KX250F

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests