I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Winter Meet N' Greet/ get yer' DAMN jersey

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
brappp
DAMN Expert

Re: Winter Meet N' Greet/ get yer' DAMN jersey

Post by brappp »

Firebolter wrote:
brappp wrote:I'm in as well! :cheers:
Are you caging up?
I don't think I will be riding up, the 525 doesn't have the new rubber on it quite yet and won't have the time to get to it before then. Throw up a photo of the 950! :thumbup:
Tommy
08 KTM 280XCF
07 KTM 525EXC
06 Scorpa SY175F
85 Yamaha YZ125N
WATR, GMER, R&T, ECEA, AMA-D7
" DEATH before DNF!! "
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I pulled the graphics off the side number plates, so they are just Black now. Removed the grab rails as I NEVER take a passenger, will remove the passenger pegs soon. Went back to my 2 into 2 Remus Titanium exhaust. Added a Powerlet accessory plug so I can charge my phone or power my tire pump etc. also can plug my batt tender in and not have to run a pigtail off the battery, much cleaner setup. ANd got my Renazco seat back! All I have left to do is change the oil.

Lots of cool bikes---
401dan
DAMN Expert

Post by 401dan »

SWEEEEET :bow: NICE RIDE DUDE. :gdog:
2005 KLR250 2012 TIGER 800XC FULLY FARKLED : :whip:
TEACH MORE FRIENDS TO RIDE WE NEED VOTES FOR THE LAW'S THAT GOVERN US. TOO CHANGE!!!
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

I forgot my nieces' birthday party is Saturday, so I probably won't make it down there.

Tony, how long are you planning on hanging out there?
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I'm not sure, depends on how things go. I might be there till late night, but I have no idea yet. I'll PM you my number and you can just give a call and see if I'm still there.
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

My wife and I are committed to do some volunteer work in NoVA - part of a free dentistry thing for poor folks without dental insurance. The irony being that WE'RE poor, lack dental insurance, and fly to Costa Rica where $8k of work costs under $400 USD (and we stay with Karen's family for free).

I'm not a dentist, I have an unhealthy fear of teeth (my own or others), and cringe at the sound of any dental instrument. But my wife is trying to break into dentistry (she's recently completed Dental Assistant training) so I volunteered to support her. THEN you guys pick the same DAMN day to meet up for this?!

I hate you all.

Anyone not too hungover from Saturday want to go riding Sunday?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1160
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

the dude himself wrote:THEN you guys pick the same DAMN day to meet up for this?!

I hate you all.
Go to a dentist or ride... tough decision,,, dentist, ride, dentist, ride... :shrug:

divorce for not supporting the wife? totally different matter! :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

My wife and I are committed to do some volunteer work in NoVA - part of a free dentistry thing for poor folks without dental insurance.
Hey Dude,

Is this Denstristy thing by chance through a projected called MOM? I have a buddy who is a dentist who volunteers a couple of times a year over in West Virgina and from what he describes it is a very worth while project that helps a lot of people. He is on here as Klrider, who knows, you guys might be working along a side of one another and not even know it!

Jay
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

gzj443 wrote:Is this Denstristy thing by chance through a projected called MOM?
10-4, it's the MOM project. A good friend of mine is the VP of Team Placement Services, the dental placement company that sponsors MOM. Great folks, everyone's so genuinely friendly and helpful that it feels like you've been transported to the Midwest.
gzj443 wrote:I have a buddy who is a dentist ...He is on here as Klrider
Not that you could pay me enough to work on teeth for a living, but if I had to deal with teeth all day I'd ride something more exotic than a KLR! Unless it's one of the military KLR's that burns diesel, gas, sunflower seed oil, the blood of my enemies and can be parachuted into the trailhead. And my odometer wheels would be polished teeth with diamond encrusted numbers. Then maybe. I'll ping KLRider.

Oh yeah, they want me to help with childcare. The kids would be safer with the cast of Jackass. :deal:
klrider
DAMN n00b

Post by klrider »

Firebolter,

Very nice looking 950R there! A few years ago I replaced the stock cans on my DL1000 with Remus titanium. Together with the Power Commander and K&N filter maybe added 3 ponies. But the real gain was losing 20 pounds, yes 10 pounds per can! Hope that you got a better power/weight ratio, too.

The dude himself,

pm sent. Have fun at the MOM, a very worthy project you will enjoy.

Jay,

you going to Crabcakes? Heck, it's almost next door to you! :thumbup:
Pat
COG 1887 AMA Life
'11 Tiger 800XC, '11 Multistrada 1200S Touring,
DRZ400SM K9, SR500G, 05 Ruckus