I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Timberline Racefest IX Saturday, June 7th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Roadracer_Al

Re: Timberline Racefest IX Saturday, June 7th

Post by Roadracer_Al »

My plan is to leave DC mid-day and arrive at Mike's in the evening. Of course, I'll stop at CostCo and score a big pack of dead cow on the way out. :eats:

I'll have the usual tow rig with room for a person & bike, if anyone wants to ride up with me.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:
mdubya wrote:RRob, If you bring your Husky too, we can do a tour of Savage River Reservoir and some of Garrett County's finest roads. We could even drag Ken thru the ORV trail (easy) with the 7 water crossings. :twisted: Or what ever you guys want to do. We can discuss you riding the KTM too, if you wanna.... :brows:
I may have to call Harold at Ridersville Cycle and pickup that 2008 TE250 I've been lusting after. This doesn't sound like a KLR ride... :dry:
It is absolutely a KLR ride. I do it on my DRZ with SM wheels and slick tires. RRob's Husky is the same. The roads I have in mind are scenic and beautiful. And the ORV trail, aside from the water crossings, is easier than riding 15 Mile Creek Road into Green Ridge.

:rickey:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:It is absolutely a KLR ride. I do it on my DRZ with SM wheels and slick tires. RRob's Husky is the same. The roads I have in mind are scenic and beautiful. And the ORV trail, aside from the water crossings, is easier than riding 15 Mile Creek Road into Green Ridge.
Okay - I'm a sucker. What time do you want me there? :ride: :freakey: :thumbup:

However I'm struggling with the trust me part every since I heard a nameless someone say the GR ORV, in the spring, covered in mud is doable by a newbie on a KLR which has a slick rear tire... :dry:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:
Okay - I'm a sucker. What time do you want me there? :ride: :freakey: :thumbup:

However I'm struggling with the trust me part every since I heard a nameless someone say the GR ORV, in the spring, covered in mud is doable by a newbie on a KLR which has a slick rear tire... :dry:
:harhar: :screwy: Just show up with RRob, or if you want to ride directly here, show up whatever time RRob decides we should meet here, Friday. BTW-I was not one who said GR on a KLR in nasty conditions would be a piece of cake. :nono: If you recall, before we ever turned a wheel that day, I was showing grave concern for your well being. :? I was nervous for myself that day! :-o This will be 95% paved roads, 5% dirt road, 5% ORV (which is no better or worse than the dirt roads, just has the water crossings [and we don't even have to do that-it would be for your entertainment- :deal: ]). I envision a casual, but enjoyable pace with equal parts beauty and scenery to negotiating the curves.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob - what time at your place? I've been realed in... :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:RRob - what time at your place? I've been realed in... :thumbup:
Be here at 9am. That way we can be at Ridersville by 10am when they open. :harhar:

Seriously, we can stop by Ridersville if you want. Its only 20 minutes from here. I need to get a few quarts of 10w-60 anyway. On the way up, I'll tell you all about the many pleasures of Italian bike ownership. :dry:

I'm kidding...sort of. The TE250 is a fine bike. Jed really loves his. It couldn't hurt just to look at it. :deal:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:
DAMNKLRRider wrote:RRob - what time at your place? I've been realed in... :thumbup:
Be here at 9am. That way we can be at Ridersville by 10am when they open. :harhar:
I'll be there at 0900. Coffee better be ready. I drink it black. :eats:

I have already stopped and spoken with Harold. I'm not quite ready to buy the TE250 yet but wouldn't mind setting on it again. :brows:
Ken
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

The brown truck should arrive tomorrow with some rear brake pads for the XRL. Other than that, I'm pretty much all set for the weekend. Should I stop by the grocery store and get something to go with the grilled cow? Mike, do you need charcoal for the grill?

Ken, coffee will be fresh and ready when you get here.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I should have enough charcoal. I will pick up some chicken for the grill. We will have fresh coffee here this weekend; both the masculine black kind and the sissy sweet and delicious kind.

What is your ETA here Friday?
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I got a packet of steak at CostCo - should feed 4 or 5 people.

Rob, for this race, do you advise carrying tools/tire irons/patch kit on the bike?

See ya tomorrow!