I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Timberline Racefest IX Saturday, June 7th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
RRob
DAMN Expert

Timberline Racefest IX Saturday, June 7th

Post by RRob »

Timberline Racefest IX Saturday, June 7th.

This event is a non-AMA harescramble race, open to all riders and held at the Timberline Ski Resort in Canaan Valley, WV. There are classes for all ages and skill levels. Kids race in the morning, adult dirt bikes at noon and adult quads at 2:45.

This is a well run, grassroots event. The requirements to race are simple: $55, a helmet and a dirt bike. :rickey:

I ran Racefest I, II, III, IV and VI on my four-wheeler and even got a third place in class one time. Now I am going to give it a try on the bike. (I might also being showing symptoms of over exposure to "Hey y'all, watch this!" ) :brows:

Is anyone else interested in coming along, either to race, serve as pit crew or spectate? This is a really cool event and I sure could use the support. :freakey:

http://www.koontzpromotions.com/

http://www.timberlineresort.com/
Rob

XR650L
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Timberline Racefest IX Saturday, June 7th

Post by Rut Row »

I'm in as pit crew. I'll bring my truck to help haul abused parts - bike or body :lol2:

Will have CamCorder to record your stellar performance and any other significant scenery...

If I can find my DAMN banner, we'll even be the official sponsor and provide a pit banner! :harhar:

What time do you want us there and where do we meet?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Looking at the calendar, it seems that I can't do any of the events until August.

I suppose, given Doc clearance, could do the one on June 28, but that's Nubby's SuMo ride.

I'd be totally psyched to run in at least one, if not all three of the August events, dependent on spousal resistance. Anyone up for that? Like all racing & riding, especially further away from home, it's sooooo key to have someone you know & trust at the event in case you yard sale your junk, have your bell rung, and maybe even take a trip to the hospital. It's not just reassuring, it's smart.

Also, after a brief search, I don't see anything on the site about pre-registration. Is this just "show up and race" or do you have to mail forms & money somewhere?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I might be able to support late August. I don't get back from Canada until Aug 6th. If my bid drops, all bets are off.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

That looks like fun. Let me see if I can swing it.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob - will the heal be ready? Are you racing? Need pit crew?
Ken
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

I'm reluctant to cancel just yet. I am not able to walk at all but once I am on the bike I can ride just fine. The heel simply won't bear any weight whatsoever but the ball of my foot will and I have full mobility of the foot. In fact, I have been doing some gentle street riding with a road race boot on my left foot and a house slipper on my right foot. The slipper works pretty well, gives me a lot of feel on the rear brake. :grin:

I'm sure you have something else to do so go ahead and do that. I don't want to leave you hanging. I do appreciate you offering to help me. :thumbup:

Chris, do you still want to give it a go? I might not be able to ride the event but I can still get out there and lend support.

If this one event doesn't work out there are still many more on the schedule including Timberline Racefest X Saturday, August 16th.

The race schedule from http://www.koontzpromotions.com:

Feb. 10 Bike Barn - Canceled!! Reedsville, WV
Feb. 17 Bike Barn Reedsville, WV
Mar. 16 Mountain Top Masontown, WV
Mar. 22 Bike Barn Reedsville, WV
April 6 Deep Creek Lake Deep Creek, MD
April 19 Pheasant Run Parsons, WV
May 3 Bike Barn Reedsville, WV
May 17 Kelly Mountain Elkins, WV
May 24 Deep Creek Lake Deep Creek, MD
June 7 Timberline Ski Resort Davis, WV
June 28 Mountain Top Masontown, WV
July 12 Deep Creek Lake Deep Creek, MD
July 20 Broken Wheel Campground Weston, WV
Aug. 2 Kelly Mt. Forest Festival - Elkins, WV
Aug. 16 Timberline Ski Resort Davis, WV
Aug. 30 Deep Creek Lake Deep Creek, MD
Sept. 21 Whytey's Hollow Cameron, WV
Oct. 5 Bike Barn Reedsville, WV
Oct. 19 Mt. Top (Team Race) Masontown, WV
Rob

XR650L
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:I'm reluctant to cancel just yet.
Same here - I'm looking forward to being part of the Official DAMN Pit Crew! Do I need to come over Friday? I can bring tent and camping gear. I'll drive the truck (in case we need to haul remains, human or otherwise). Can always put a keg back there... :cheers:
Ken
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Cool, then we'll keep it on the schedule. Give me until Monday to decide if going to race. We'll see what Chris is going to do but I'm completely flexible as to the details of the plan. If I don't race, we can make a dual-sport trip out of it. For example, we could leave from my place on Friday, ride backroads/dirt roads to Canaan Valley, camp at Blackwater State Park, watch races on Saturday and then ride home. Whatever plan works for you is probably fine with me, keeping in mind that my days off are Fridays and Saturdays and if I am racing I need to be at Timberline before 8am on Saturday. :thumbup:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:Cool, then we'll keep it on the schedule. Give me until Monday to decide if going to race. We'll see what Chris is going to do but I'm completely flexible as to the details of the plan. If I don't race, we can make a dual-sport trip out of it. For example, we could leave from my place on Friday, ride backroads/dirt roads to Canaan Valley, camp at Blackwater State Park, watch races on Saturday and then ride home. Whatever plan works for you is probably fine with me, keeping in mind that my days off are Fridays and Saturdays and if I am racing I need to be at Timberline before 8am on Saturday. :thumbup:
I'll lock Friday in as my last remaining floating holiday. :deal:
Ken