Timberline Racefest IX Saturday, June 7th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Roadracer_Al

Re: Timberline Racefest IX Saturday, June 7th

Post by Roadracer_Al » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:11 pm

Yes, Tim, your sources were exactly right.

Most of my troubles were due to the mud, which had a sticky yet slimy quality I've never seen before. It was my undoing, really -- it would just stick to the tires and turn them into a slick with only minimal rudder-like directional control. I think I picked up my bike more during that race than I did in my whole lifetime of riding. That, and middle-aged indifference to exercise and fitness.

The results were pretty interesting and telling: the rider that took home first place in the "Seniors" class completed 5 laps with a best lap time of 22 minutes. Rob completed 1 lap, with a lap time of 45 minutes. I completed one lap with a time of 2 hours and 29 minutes. I am nothing, if not stubborn. Rob and I finished 8th and 9th respectively, and there was only one drop out in a field of 10 -- whom I beat. Heck yeah. I'm not last! Whoohoo!

I just put some still photos up on my Zenfolio page.

http://alanzina.zenfolio.com/p906847319/

Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:10 am

I think this one expresses they way we all felt about the weekend.

http://alanzina.zenfolio.com/p906847319?photo=623919050
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:45 pm

While I didn't make it to the race on Saturday, I sure did enjoy the Friday afternoon ride and the company on Friday night! Good times! :kumbaya: :freakey:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC