I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Timberline Racefest IX Saturday, June 7th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Roadracer_Al

Re: Timberline Racefest IX Saturday, June 7th

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Yes, Tim, your sources were exactly right.

Most of my troubles were due to the mud, which had a sticky yet slimy quality I've never seen before. It was my undoing, really -- it would just stick to the tires and turn them into a slick with only minimal rudder-like directional control. I think I picked up my bike more during that race than I did in my whole lifetime of riding. That, and middle-aged indifference to exercise and fitness.

The results were pretty interesting and telling: the rider that took home first place in the "Seniors" class completed 5 laps with a best lap time of 22 minutes. Rob completed 1 lap, with a lap time of 45 minutes. I completed one lap with a time of 2 hours and 29 minutes. I am nothing, if not stubborn. Rob and I finished 8th and 9th respectively, and there was only one drop out in a field of 10 -- whom I beat. Heck yeah. I'm not last! Whoohoo!

I just put some still photos up on my Zenfolio page.

http://alanzina.zenfolio.com/p906847319/
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I think this one expresses they way we all felt about the weekend.

http://alanzina.zenfolio.com/p906847319?photo=623919050
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

While I didn't make it to the race on Saturday, I sure did enjoy the Friday afternoon ride and the company on Friday night! Good times! :kumbaya: :freakey:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC