I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

This weekend? Rich?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

This weekend? Rich?

Post by Rut Row »

Anyone one up for a easy local ride this weekend? Rich needs to do some fords.

Meet in Middletown, go south, catch Bennies Hill Rd, warm up on Sigler Road ford, then go down and see if Catoctin Creek is fordable on Boss Arnold Rd, then up to Steep Creek ford in the watershed, hit Echo Lake Rd and see if we can make it up the rock path (how's your rock riding Rich?) if not bag it and go around headed toward Gilardi Rd and finish up with a latte at the Main Cup. Thats about 65 miles.
fords.jpg
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Teethgrinder

Re: This weekend? Rich?

Post by Teethgrinder »

I may be up for that. Could put the VStrom through it's paces. Hopefully the creeks will subside. I had to "ford" axle-deep water in a wash-out on Rt 1 in Beltsville on the way to work this morning. What a day. Downpours both into and back from work.
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

If your thinking Saturday I would be interested.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Shoot. I'm going out of town or I'd come up and explore the dirty side of Frederick with y'all.

Chris, how's the DR? Are you available on Saturday's again? (I'm thinking about a DAMN-style group ride at Taskers 6/28.)
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

chriskoz wrote:If your thinking Saturday I would be interested.
Sat is fine here - forecast is "Mostly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s."

This isn't a WV outlaw event :nono: - so expect slow riding. But hey, look at it this way, you get to actually see the scenery! :lol2:

We can meet at Lee Delauter & Sons. 201 S. Church Street. Middletown, MD. They have a great breakfast sandwich and coffee for $2.85. Does 10 AM work?

I've attached a Garmin GPS file of the route.
Attachments
LocalFords.gdb
(38.83 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

This sounds like a awesome ride. I've never met any of you guys, is this ride open to anyone?
I'm on a DRZ400S w/ Knobbies. Won't slow anybody down. It's a bit of a drive from me (pasadena A.A. co.) but Saturday is looking good. Please let me know if it's okay to join in. Also have a buddy on a DRZ that would join in.

Thanks, Matt
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

FOX8505 wrote:This sounds like a awesome ride. I've never met any of you guys, is this ride open to anyone?
I'm on a DRZ400S w/ Knobbies. Won't slow anybody down. It's a bit of a drive from me (pasadena A.A. co.) but Saturday is looking good. Please let me know if it's okay to join in. Also have a buddy on a DRZ that would join in.
We'd be disappointed if you didn't come! Bring your buds and don't worry about slowing us down. It will probably be the other way around! :ride:
Ken
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Yeah, Ken's on a KLR. :peep:

I'd be up for it but my ortho doc just put me in a splint for tendonitis in my right wrist.

Not so long ago, I'd have said "f_ck it let's ride" but that attitude has gotten me nowhere but worse off, and I wish I hadn't.
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

At time of posting, I am 84-91% in for Saturday at 10AM. These statistics fluctuate hourly in my world.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Roadracer_Al wrote:I'd be up for it but my ortho doc just put me in a splint for tendonitis in my right wrist.
You are married - you shouldn't have THAT problem! :harhar:
Ken