I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

This weekend? Rich?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
FOX8505

Re: This weekend? Rich?

Post by FOX8505 »

Yes sir I was signed up to join that ride as well just turned out Saturday was a better option for me. It has gotten a little to big for my taste, something like 15 or so people riding sunday. That just sounds like trouble to me. I prefer a smaller tighter group. Thank you for sending the link anyways. It doesn't matter to me, if you guys wanna run up to PA we can always catch up some other time. I do look forward to meeting you guys and very much enjoy the website and your devotion to it. I'll be riding tomorrow either way. So if hacks are on your mind then just give me a holla for the next gathering.

Thanks, Mfox
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Water is too high

Post by Rut Row »

I drove through part of the route (too the long way back from some errands). Sigler creek ford is axle deep on my 4x4 and 2 trucks wide. Not promising for crossing by DRZs (visions of Bucho dance in my head!). Catoctin Creek for is raging and the local land owners have piled rocks in the road. All the gravels roads are pretty muddy too.

So, the Saturday Frederick mud ride is off. I'll drag Teethgrinder up to PA to look at hacks and we'll try again when the situation improves.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

Axle deep and two trucks wide, sounds perfect for a DRZ! No problem, get you guys next round.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

FOX8505 wrote:Axle deep and two trucks wide, sounds perfect for a DRZ! No problem, get you guys next round.
:harhar: You didn't see Bucho on Town Creek :harhar: :poser: :harhar:

But it was worth while to see a demonstration of how to get water out of the cylinder.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Teethgrinder

Re: Water is too high

Post by Teethgrinder »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:I drove through part of the route (too the long way back from some errands). Sigler creek ford is axle deep on my 4x4 and 2 trucks wide. Not promising for crossing by DRZs (visions of Bucho dance in my head!). Catoctin Creek for is raging and the local land owners have piled rocks in the road. All the gravels roads are pretty muddy too.

So, the Saturday Frederick mud ride is off. I'll drag Teethgrinder up to PA to look at hacks and we'll try again when the situation improves.
My thoughts exactly. I am always up for any ride, but with the high-water and all, I am apprehensive about taking a brand new bike across creeks - I really need it in working order for my trip. Not the time to risk submarining just yet. And the DRZ is on the sales block, so no messing around there, either.
I am your wing-man if you'd like for Red Lion, hacks, coffee, lunch, and whatever. Give me a time and place to meet as soon as you can. Anyone else?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

7-Eleven at Old Camp Road and US-40 - the Official D.A.M.N. Riders Frederick Meeting Place

N39 25.330 W77 27.979

1000 hours

it is about 1 1/2 hours to Red Lion PA. They close at 2 of Saturdays. We can get some grub on the way back.
Ken
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:7-Eleven at Old Camp Road and US-40

N39 25.330 W77 27.979

1000 hours

it is about 1 1/2 hours to Red Lion PA. They close at 2 of Saturdays. We can get some grub on the way back.
Crazy, hi-tech, swanky GPS coordinates notwithstanding, I will be there and ready. I will PM you contact info incase you change plans or want to leave earlier - just let me know, I'm totally adjustable - like a GI Joe action-figure.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

lets do 0930 then
Ken
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Deal.
Looks like the weather will be clearing nicely. I'm pretty waterlogged from the daily grind this past week. 500 miles of commuting, and I think over 250 were rain miles. It will be nice to ride when it's not pouring, wet, or gloomy.
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Thanks to Ken for inviting me along to Red Lion today. It was a great, easy paced ride through really nice areas. I didn't take much for pics, and nearly bumped Ken's KLR before realizing that there was a malfunctioning turn-signal issue. But I did get lots of ideas for upgrades on my DL. Thanks for the day, Ken!