I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Saturday May 24th Supermoto style ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Re: Saturday May 24th Supermoto style ride

Post by chriskoz »

Sorry to hear about the accident, Dom. Let us know about the strip-o-gram. If you don't think your up to it, I may be wiling to be the recipient.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
dom08
DAMN n00b

Post by dom08 »

Don't know if a strip-o-gram will work. The right thigh is so swollen I haven't had an erection since the accident. What's even worse beer doesn't even taste good anymore. :shock: Must of hit my head harder than I thought.
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Glad you're home!

I know there was some concern about all your digits functioning correctly, and I notice you use the singular form of "hand". I'm assuming that since you're talking about riding in October, that there is a good prognosis for getting the function back? You are a bigger man than me, Dom! I think I'd still be cryin' to mommy.

Regarding the beer tasting funny, it's my experience that some pain meds f_ck with your sense of taste. It'll come back.

You've got a pretty rugged road ahead with PT -- if there's anything you need, give a holler!

BTW, regarding your bike, it didn't look bad -- in fact, way better than the KLR, which was toast -- and probably easily fixable, although I'd definitely send it to CompuTrak to have the frame & forks checked. That was a **long** day, picking it up -- good thing that Mike was all hopped up on Red Bulls, he had to drive the last hour back.
dom08
DAMN n00b

Post by dom08 »

Thanks again Al for picking the bike up!

I'm an eternal optomist and hope for a complete recovery. The right fingers & thumb move, but no feeling yet. Hopfully that will return when the swelling subsides. Being a single man it sorta puts a damper on the sex life. No longer do I have two hands fighting for my affection. :brows:

Been cutting down on the oxycoten as much as possible. Nasty stuff, but sure cuts the pain.

By the way, what did my helmet look like? It was brand new. Should I order a new one??
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Its great to see you back online. I hope to see you out on the road this fall. Sucks about the beer, though :cheers:
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

No prob, Dom. I like to believe that others would do the same for me, if I were the one lying on the side of the road.

I think that with the amount of deceleration you did, I'd get a new helmet.

Good attitude! That plays a great part in recover, I believe it to my core.
dom08
DAMN n00b

One last post here!

Post by dom08 »

Picked the bike up at Mike's house last Saturday with the help of two friends. Didn't look too bad! Should have everything back together & on the road by the weekend. :harhar: Only in my dreams!!

Finally looked through everything yesterday. You guys are the best! Don't think I lost anything, even the smallest item I can remember is there and the gps & camera still work.

Thanks again to everyone there for all your help & concern.

Dom
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Great news Dom! It sure was good seeing you up and around. :rickey:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »