I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Supermoto at BeaveRun 2008

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Supermoto at BeaveRun 2008

Post by mdubya »

An FYI. I believe this will be in conjuction with the shared kart and sm prctices on Thusdays, pavement only. Last year it was $22 to practice on Thursdays from 1pm to 7pm, pavement only, alternating with the karts. It was like sex, without having to pay (much), :poser:

SuperMoto at BeaveRun in 2008!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the input from everyone in the off season regarding expanding the SuperMoto programs at BeaveRun. We have made some changes and additions to the 2008 schedule that should make a few folks happy.

1 - As in the past, Supermoto riders will get their own run groups on most kart practice days. This will be the same as last year in that almost every kart practice is open to Supermoto riders. The exception once again being kart practice days on the day before a kart race. These practices are strictly kart-only and will be enforced this year. Please don't turn up on those days without checking the schedule first - it will make everyone's job easier. :thumbsup:

2 - ESMRA has announced two dates at BeaveRun:
Saturday July 19th and a two day event in conjunction with NASMOTO on August 30th & 31st.

3 - The new stuff - Full-track/all-day practice has been scheduled on four different dates in 2008!

Sunday May 25th
Sunday June 22nd
Sunday July 20th
Sunday October 5th

These are dirt and pavement days for $80 including riders pit pass. Hours will be from 10-6PM rain or shine! Plan early and buy a season pass for $250 and get the fourth session nearly free.

Check out the website for more details - http://www.beaverun.com and a link to purchase your pass now via PayPal.

4 - BeaveRun is also in discussions to bring a Supermoto school to the track for 2-3 dates. If you would like to be added to the waiting list for the school, please send an e-mail to d.schlosser (at) beaverun . com

5 - BeaveRun will also maintain better contact with the Supermoto riders through an expanded mailing list. The track will do its best to keep everyone informed of added practices, changes to the schedule, etc. Please send your e-mail address to d.schlosser (at) beaverun . com be added to the mailing list.

This is a big year for the Supermoto program at BeaveRun - the track is giving more prime time, weekend, summertime dates to the riders. If the support is strong throughout the year then look for more dates, programs and possibly even a race series to develop in 2009. If the support is not there, look for more rental kart slots in 2009.

Hopefully we see a lot of folks at the track this year!
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Supermoto at BeaveRun 2008

Post by Bucho »

They still have the urbanX cross jumps right?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

this sounds like fun..... I gotta check my schedule, but I am going to try and run some SM events instead of doing nesba stuff....
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
armadillo

Post by armadillo »

I like to lap the beaver. there is a 590 possibly in my near future. a friend of a friend is looking to get rid of it. might have it by june or so. And the 690smc is coming mid may. DAMN 3 motards, i must be a retard...
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I hope you guys realize I will be hassling you about going... :lol2:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

mdubya wrote:I hope you guys realize I will be hassling you about going... :lol2:
cool by me....

I wanna do it.. but i want to be there with others I know..... any time after June 20th ish.. I am down... anyone want to set something up....
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

hondahawkrider wrote:
mdubya wrote:I hope you guys realize I will be hassling you about going... :lol2:
cool by me....

I wanna do it.. but i want to be there with others I know..... any time after June 20th ish.. I am down... anyone want to set something up....
What happens June 20? You turn 21? :bandit:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

That sounded like a good deal LAST YEAR, just never got around to it. It's kind of a haul for a week day. Maybe I can get Gary on board.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Roadracer_Al wrote:That sounded like a good deal LAST YEAR, just never got around to it. It's kind of a haul for a week day. Maybe I can get Gary on board.
Yep. It is a long haul, middle of the week. The track will kick your ass physically. But what a deal. There is a nice little Eye Tie restaurant (excellent chicken marsalla, excellent tiramisu) just down the road too. But then it makes for an even longer day. But like any good track experience, the high is worth what ever it takes.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Here is a description of a BeaveRun SM trackday posted yesterday on SMJ
Well, the best $17 I could have spent. 14 riders, 2+ hours of track time, 70 degrees, no accidents and good friends. What more could you ask for in an open trackday.

For those who couldn't make it, I would suggest giving it a shot next time. I went as a tune-up for the following race day, but mainly because it was supposed to rain all say on saturday. I figured I would crash spectacularly if I did ride in the rain, so a good practice day sounded better than a rainy raceday.

14 riders on everything from Jeff's RS150R, John's CR250 2-stroke flattracker and a bunch of our mini GP converted MX bikes. A KTM 65, KX-65, RM-85, MetraKit 85, 2 KLX110's, XR-100/120's, 2 NSR's and an Xtreme. A real nice bunch of well prepped bikes which had no mechanical issues all day. Some of the best riding I have ever done. Teddy and I shadowed each other for two entire 20 minute sessions within 2 bike lengths of each other without incident. Thanks Teddy for the clean riding. I actually learned some lines on the asphalt surface instead of the slippery green stuff. Except for that "racing line" thru the grass in turn 3/4, I learned better where I needed to be and not to be.

Anyway, a great day. We ended up leaving the track at 9:30 after loading up, sitting around BS'ing and enjoying a few adult beverages. I would have liked to stay for today and joined everyone at Matt's house last night for the BBQ, but the weather scared me off. I will have dedicated rains on wheels for the next event.
Sometime in June would probably work for me.

Anybody else want to work on a date?
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC