I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Saturday April 10th - DS Ride in Fredneck County

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Saturday April 10th - DS Ride in Fredneck County

Post by Rut Row »

Now official! This is a combined DAMN Riders, R&T and NVTR DS ride. The plan is to meet at JTs, ride through some of the fun Fredneckonian roads, cross a creek, and end up at the Main Cup in Middletown for beers and :bull: For those wanting an afternoon ride, I have one laid out as well.

THIS IS NOT A SUMO RIDE! - bring your KLRs, Stroms, 1200GS, etc. If you have never ridden on gravel roads or done a creek crossing, this ride is for you! :deal: Don't believe the lies and false accusations being cast about my travel speed - this is a slow ride - speed limits observed!

For those who would like to learn how to read a roll chart, download the PDF file below and print it. Trim it close and then roll it up in reverse (tape the ends together first!). I'll spend a few minutes at JT's explaining how to read it and follow it. If you want to do any of the regional DS rides (Shen500 or PB300 for example) you will need to know how to use a roll chart. For those wanting the GPS route - it is attached too.

For those requesting roll chart holders, Jim Palmer to got them in (see update #3 below).

[Note: SallyDog would call this a pussy ride... :lol2: ]

Riders
  1. Kyler
  2. Bucho
  3. Daves08excr
  4. Wingfixer
  5. B Dirt
  6. jr-n-the mule
  7. Code
  8. Kath
  9. AccidentalWheelie
  10. thisguy
  11. ktmpl
  12. biffer99
  13. dc_Minnesota
  14. JaxObsessed
  15. John Go
  16. Iron Pony
  17. Dragline
  18. WHY.GO.HOME
  19. skierd
  20. TheAntiCrash
  21. CaveDave
  22. bean416
  23. Firebolter
  24. badguy
  25. the dude himself (no longer working in a foreign country - Ohio)
  26. odbsolo
Maybes
  1. psmcn
  2. Dunker
  3. 401Dan
Injured Reserve
  1. brapp (broken shoulder)
  2. chasbo (Sushi-ed finger)
Roll Chart Holder Orders
  1. Wingfixer
  2. Dunker
  3. Badguy
  4. code
  5. AccidentalWheelie
  6. Ken Moore (NVTR)
  7. JaxObsessed
Update #1: I expect the ride to be between 2-3 hours. Meet at JT's around 9 for those needing to do some MC shopping, mount roll charts etc. Leave around 10. Get to Main Cup around 12-1, swill beers, fart, lie, etc and leave whenever you want!

Update #2: There will be an afternoon ride too. Group A can do a more "spirited" ride (leader TBD) and Group B can follow me on a more sedate DS ride. About 120 miles total.

Update #3: Jim says the roll chart holders are $22.39 each (MSR with plastic knobs). Go to the parts counter, tell them your there for the DAMN ride and ordered a roll chart holder.

Update #4: If you are trailering/trucking in and don't want to park at the Kyler Estate (PM me for directions), park at R F Klein's office parking lot a couple of blocks down the street. One of the R&T club members works there and offered the space if needed. From JT's, go down to Grove road at Fredericktown Yamaha, make a left there at the light and go down to the end of the lane, the office is on the left.

Update #5: Attached PDF roll chart and GPS file.

Update #6: I've spoken with the owner of the Main Cup and he will reserve the outside patio for us. I'll have a flyer with parking instructions and pictures for the graphically oriented among us :angel:

Update #7: I have attached a PDF showing parking options at the Main Cup. I'll hand out a copy Saturday as well.
Attachments
Parking_Main-Cup.pdf
Parking options at the Main Cup
(227.51 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
Dual-Sport-Ride-Roll-Chart_v3.gdb
GPS File
(169.41 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
MainCup-DS-Ride.v3.print.pdf
PDF Roll Chart
(219.37 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Re: Tenative: Saturday April 10th - DS Ride in Fredneck County

Post by the dude himself »

On the calendar.
brappp
DAMN Expert

Post by brappp »

i'll be there.. i just have to order a set of Avon Distanzas i have been eyeballing for the 525 and throw them on.. thanks for setting this up!! :thumbup:
Tommy
08 KTM 280XCF
07 KTM 525EXC
06 Scorpa SY175F
85 Yamaha YZ125N
WATR, GMER, R&T, ECEA, AMA-D7
" DEATH before DNF!! "
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

FYI

I 'd change the dates on Facebook

you have it as a night ride

ok look a all night ride

Start Time: Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 9:00pm
End Time: Sunday, April 11, 2010 at 1:00pm

I am guessing that's Sat 9am to Sat 1pm....

LOL
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

hondahawkrider wrote:FYI

I 'd change the dates on Facebook

you have it as a night ride

ok look a all night ride

Start Time: Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 9:00pm
End Time: Sunday, April 11, 2010 at 1:00pm

I am guessing that's Sat 9am to Sat 1pm....

LOL
Shiite! fixed - thanks!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

brappp wrote:i'll be there.. i just have to order a set of Avon Distanzas i have been eyeballing for the 525 and throw them on.. thanks for setting this up!! :thumbup:
I'm thinking you might want something a bit more off-road oriented like the TKC 80s. :brows:
Ken
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

As long as you aren't a dirtnewbie you can do it on street wheels. (Unless Ken has a secret road I don't know about...)
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Is there someplace to park and unload if i truck the bike up.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Daves08excr wrote:Is there someplace to park and unload if i truck the bike up.
Yup - park and unload at my house. Short ride to JTs and walking (staggering?) distance from the Main Cup.
Ken
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:As long as you aren't a dirtnewbie you can do it on street wheels. (Unless Ken has a secret road I don't know about...)
Nope - you pretty much know where we'll be riding - I'm just having a hard time picturing a KTM 525EXC with Distanzas - sorta insults the senses :harhar:
Ken