I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

March Moto Madness 2018

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

March Moto Madness 2018

Post by Glenduro »

Hey guys!!

I'm heading back to March Moto Madness this year!

Let me know if you're heading up and we can meet up, If my G301GS gets here in time I'll be dragging that up with me. I can also carry a few more bikes and people in my truck if you need a lift?
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: March Moto Madness 2018

Post by Rut Row »

March 22 - March 25, 2018

http://www.marchmotomadness.com/

perhaps when I retire. The next two years are really busy for me. It would be fun to go.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

My neighbor is trying to drag me to this. Not sure I have the patience to deal with the ADV crowd at an even like this. Starbucks, farkles, milk crates, i might just snap!
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Godzilla and I went a few years ago and had a blast! I've got pictures and video somewhere... I took the DRz and Junior's 650. I ended up going on a couple duel sport rides with SallyDog, and a group of other ADVers. It was more about hanging by the fire and telling stories. I've planned to make it back since but the timing never works. We'll see about this year. As a side note, there was a couple guys there that knew the local area that led groups on some pretty knarly single tracks.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

You kind of know whos who when you unload the bikes and then the different riding groups start forming. When I went, all the single track, hardcore riders grouped together, another group had DRZ, BRP etc and then the scrambler groups and then the GS 1200s KTM1100's etc.

At the end of the day everyone gets together and shares what great time they had, beers, campfires and possible routes that others would like. They have a trailer that has all of the route maps and GPX files for downloading along with the type of terrain. Then they also have group rides with designated leaders that know the area for all different types of riding. They also have trail competitions and riding games in the later hours. There are quite a few videos on youtube if you want to get a good idea of what its like. If you add single track to the search it shows a few routes that might be of interest.

Hope to see ya there!
Glenduro
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

I should be there. The trails in that vid looked pretty cool.I will be in a white Ford Raptor if you see if stop by and say hello.Maybe we can link up for some rides.
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Absolutely! I’ll keep an eye out for you. I’ll be in the power/water RV section. Silver 250, I’m bringing my DAMN jersey too. I’ll either wear it or hang as a flag if it’s too cold.
Glenduro
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Glenduro wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:04 pm I’m bringing my DAMN jersey ... hang as a flag if it’s too cold.

Huh, my DAMN jersey IS my cold weather jersey :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Hopefully plus a few other layers?

gots_a_polarbear
Glenduro
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

It would be fun to go. I definitely can't this year.

That was some pretty sweet trail in the video. The DAMN crew that did the KAT hopped a couple big logs on 650s with better results...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200