I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Wolf den run state park

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Wolf den run state park

Post by Rut Row »

Yesterday I got to do a preview ride at Wolf den run State Park. We got to ride all three areas. They have new bridges in where needed. they have parking lots. They just bought land nearby and have opened a campground. I spent some time in a RzR and love the trails. One guy on a motorcycle said he thought it was even better than Mountain ridge. I was told it was going to all be open to the public after Thanksgiving. Not just the one section that was kind of wimpy that is currently open.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: Wolf den run state park

Post by smdub »

Good to hear! Nice when a place opens instead of getting shut down.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Very cool! I look forward to checking it out!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Lots of cool bikes---
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Good news.
However, the whole reservation thing is :bull:
It seems MD DCNR go out of their way to make something easy difficult.
Why not buy a season sticker/pass and go when you want?
In PA for the Atv trails, that’s how it’s done. Even easier in fact.
My guess is they are trying to limit the daily number of users. Compromise, right?

Btw- anymore user feedback on the other place? Rock something? Is it being used or growing weeds?

Again, kudos to all who got this open.
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

We have been pushing them to an annual pass system. I think eventually that will happen.

Regarding St John's Rock, having a tough time with the forest service. personally I think the Forest service wants it to die and is intentionally mismanaging it. That's another long battle. We want it transferred to the Park service
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

Rut Row wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:32 am We have been pushing them to an annual pass system. I think eventually that will happen.

Regarding St John's Rock, having a tough time with the forest service. personally I think the Forest service wants it to die and is intentionally mismanaging it. That's another long battle. We want it transferred to the Park service

They have an annual pass, its call a "passport" its for all state parks and is gets you and 4 machines in 75 for the year. If you go more than 2x with a group it covers the costs.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Joker wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:48 pm
Rut Row wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:32 am We have been pushing them to an annual pass system. I think eventually that will happen.

They have an annual pass, its call a "passport" its for all state parks and is gets you and 4 machines in 75 for the year. If you go more than 2x with a group it covers the costs.
wow, thanks! I assumed they were the same as St John's Rock
Ken
mantakos
DAMN n00b

Post by mantakos »

Joker wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:48 pm They have an annual pass, its call a "passport" its for all state parks and is gets you and 4 machines in 75 for the year. If you go more than 2x with a group it covers the costs.
If you have a MD parks passport, you don't have to pay at Wolf Den Run, but you do still need a reservation.
AlbinoPig
DAMN n00b

Post by AlbinoPig »

I successfully made a reservation using their form. I filled it out yesterday around 2PM and awaited a callback. They rung today at 11AM to confirm, took CC payment, and immediately sent the completed reservation form via email. It was $40 for 4 riders, but it might be cheaper in other situations if you are all on the same trailer. The process could definitely be more updated/streamlined or whatever, but it seems like they're on top of it and the person I spoke with was very friendly and helpful so I didn't mind doing it this way.

Now looking for a decent place to stay on Deep Creek.
Daniel
Honda XR650L