I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

PA OHV action alert.

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: PA OHV action alert.

Post by Rut Row »

Twist wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:38 pm I'm not very familiar with the priorities and capabilities of the AMA but I wonder if anyone has approached them to send a lobbyist/lawyer to these comment sessions to make a case for the two-wheel crowd? Seems like they could use some big numbers that they represent that should get more attention from people that won their election by a few hundred votes - which I bet is a lot of them.

Meh, I'm just spitballing here.
I know the AMA offroad guy well. He is well aware of the issues. I've also spoken with Don McClure who is the PAOHVA exec director (IIRC). They are working this hard. I believe the #1 issue is ATVs pay into the funds for trails and motorcycles don't.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

This is probably REAL Stupid BUT - I have a PA ATV Tag on my Polaris RZR that I got when I bought it years ago and keep renewing. This allows me to ride a limited number of places in PA such as near Michaux. I don't even remember what I had to do to get it. BUT - IF one were willing to go thru the process and cost of getting an ATV tag for ones off road MC would that give some access.

This is probably impossible because the regs for ATVs probably say things that would not allow a MC to get tagged.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

BigBird wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:27 pm This is probably REAL Stupid BUT - I have a PA ATV Tag on my Polaris RZR that I got when I bought it years ago and keep renewing. This allows me to ride a limited number of places in PA such as near Michaux. I don't even remember what I had to do to get it. BUT - IF one were willing to go thru the process and cost of getting an ATV tag for ones off road MC would that give some access.

This is probably impossible because the regs for ATVs probably say things that would not allow a MC to get tagged.
Yes. PA state law currently does not allow for two wheelers (OHM) to use State lands. The above mentioned bill is another attempt to fix that.
The second issue is a bill developed by representative Gabler, bill #1706 that essentially recommends including OHM riding onto the state ATV trail systems.
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Also from DVTR-
Riders,
Our friends at DVTR have started a petition to support (HB 1706) amending the current vehicle code to allow OHM access on DCNR public ATV trails.

Please sign this petition! We have to stand up and be heard if we want change!

The introduction of the Gabler bill (HB 1706) would amend Title 75 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes and provide a means to optionally register off-highway motorcycles, such as dual sports and enduros, with the DCNR for use on public ATV trails. Opening registration to OHMs will provide revenue for further trail development and maintenance, which translates to better trails and more riding opportunities for all, NOT just motorcyclists. Each of us can make a difference!

Here’s how you can help:

We urge all riders in support of the Gabler bill to firstly sign this petition.

https://www.change.org/p/pennsylvania-s ... orcyclists

Secondly, reach out to your local legislators. Explain why this
legislation is important to you and kindly implore them to support HB 1706. You can locate your local legislators here.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/le ... e=suppress

Please pass this along to all your riding friends. With enough support we can make a change.
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Laoch wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:15 am Also from DVTR-
Riders,
Our friends at DVTR have started a petition to support (HB 1706) amending the current vehicle code to allow OHM access on DCNR public ATV trails.

Please sign this petition! We have to stand up and be heard if we want change!

The introduction of the Gabler bill (HB 1706) would amend Title 75 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes and provide a means to optionally register off-highway motorcycles, such as dual sports and enduros, with the DCNR for use on public ATV trails. Opening registration to OHMs will provide revenue for further trail development and maintenance, which translates to better trails and more riding opportunities for all, NOT just motorcyclists. Each of us can make a difference!

Here’s how you can help:

We urge all riders in support of the Gabler bill to firstly sign this petition.

https://www.change.org/p/pennsylvania-s ... orcyclists

Secondly, reach out to your local legislators. Explain why this
legislation is important to you and kindly implore them to support HB 1706. You can locate your local legislators here.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/le ... e=suppress

Please pass this along to all your riding friends. With enough support we can make a change.
made a $25 donation
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Signed the petition and made my $25 donation. Glad to see some lobbying effort getting organized on this.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Sigh. change.org won't allow access through a vpn:(
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

donation made
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Capt Scoots
DAMN n00b

Post by Capt Scoots »

Signed and kicked in $30.00. I take it the donation is used to advertise the petition in hopes of getting more signatures, is any of it used to help lobby for the cause? I was just wondering.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Bribes
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200